Chapter 1: Wakey wakey Princess!

Hey guys! I think my writers block has passed - but we'll see with this chapter. Hope you enjoy!!!

Serena's POV

Serena glanced into the mirror and smiled. Her long honey blonde locks dangled down her back, and a ring of white flowers sat atop of her head like a crown. Her mother placed the veil over her head, then smiled at her daughter, trying to hold back tears of joy.

"You look beautiful Serena," she said, and Serena twirled around - the white fabric of her wedding dress swishing as she moved. Her mother then placed the bouquet of flowers in her hands, and hugged her tightly. 

Wiping away her tears, her mother released her from the hug, then watched as her daughter walked down the isle. 

Serena felt as if she were floating. Her heart was pounding in her chest, but a happy smile lit her face. She came to the altar, then faced the groom, but frowned. She was unable to see his face through the veil. But he took her hand, and whispered in a familiar voice, "Are you ready Serena?"

She nodded, and felt his soft hands lift the veil off her face. She looked up to see a pair beautiful brown eyes staring back at her, then-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Serena groaned, as  her alarm clock beeped for the third time that morning. A hand appeared from within the sea of sheets, and hit the stop button. Serena tossed in her bed, pulling the duvet up to her chin. She was having such an amazing dream, only to have it interrupted by that stupid alarm clock. Serena closed her eyes again, wanting to go back from where she left off, when - BANG! - the door to her bedroom slammed open.

Serena could hear the quiet padding of footsteps across the carpet, then suddenly the blinds snapped open, and light flooded into the room.

Serena hissed like a vampire, cringing away from the light. "Nooooo..." she moaned. "Mum! Go away! It's still the holidays! Let me sleep in peace!" She pulled the covers once more over her head, and placed the pillow over her head.

She heard a quiet chuckle from behind her. "Oh come on! Wakey wakey Princess Sere!" a familiar voice teased. A muffled groan could be heard from underneath the pillows. There was only once person in the entire world who called her that. 

"Ash! Go away!" Serena grumbled. Her best friend just laughed. He prodded her. "Come on Sere! Time to get up already!"

She poked her head out from underneath the sheets, and stared into his familiar mahogany brown eyes - the same ones from her dream. She blushed, but tried to cover it up. "What are you doing here?" she said, narrowing her eyes at him.

Ash rolled his eyes. "I stopped by this morning, only to find you to still be asleep. Again. Your mother told me to go on up and get you downstairs."

Serena let out another groan, and pulled the covers up again. Ash grinned. "I see how it is. You want to do this the hard way, don't you?"

And with that he pulled back her covers, leaving her shivering on her mattress. 

"Ash! You little-" Serena then proceeded to hit him over the head with her pillow, rambling on at him. With each word, she delivered another blow. "And! Don't! You! Ever! Do! That! Again!" she finished, breathing heavily.

Ash laughed, not even fazed. Serena glowered angrily, but the corners of her lips tilted up into a smile. 

"You're on!" he said, then began to tickle her. Serena rolled around on her bed, trying to get away from him.

"AHAHAHA! No Ash! Plea- AHAHAHAH- please stop i- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Serena gasped, unable to stop laughing.

Ash gave her his iconic grin, then hoisted her over his shoulder. She squealed. "ASH! Put me down this instant!" she demanded, clutching onto his shoulder for dear life. He just smiled back. "Time to go Sere!"

He walked out of her bedroom, Serena clutched onto his shoulder. "ASH!" she screamed. "LET ME DOWN!" Ash sighed, then stopped at the edge of the stairs. He placed her back on the ground gently. Serena glared at him, then punched his arm.

Ash rubbed it ruefully. "Well I guess I deserved that," he said, trying for a smile.

Serena turned her head the other way, then went to walk down the stairs. Except for one thing. She slipped.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" she screamed, tumbling down the stairs. Ash cringed, then waited until he heard the loud thump. He looked over the railing, and saw that Serena had landed in the beanbag he had strategically placed at the bottom of the stairs. After all, this wasn't the first time it had happened.

Ash held down his laughter, as Serena stood up and brushed off her pyjamas, then proceeded to walk gracefully into the kitchen as if nothing had happened. 

Serena pulled out a stool in the kitchen and sat down, just as Ash came in. Her mother, Grace, turned around from the stove and handed her a plate with a sandwich. Serena raised an eyebrow. "A sandwich? For breakfast? That's a first."

Ash laughed and took a seat next to her. "If you haven't already realised, it's almost midday." 

Even her mother tried to hide her laughter as Serena's expression turned into pure shock. "Really?!" she asked, bewildered. 

Her mother nodded. "I tried waking you up this morning, but you just wouldn't budge. So I sent Ash up - it seems to have done the trick!"

"Speaking of Ash," Serena said, turning to face her best friend. "You owe me one." She then took a small bite of her sandwich and chewed it hungrily.

Ash rolled his eyes. "Then how can I make it up to you?" he said, his voice dripping in sarcasm. Serena gave him a cheeky smile. "Well..." she mused, twirling a strand of her long honey blonde hair around her finger. "You could always drive me and Dawn to that big shopping mall down in Santalune City!" she said happily, clapping her hands in delight. 

Ash groaned as he ran his fingers through his shaggy black hair. "Are you serious? Ever since I got my license, you guys have been ordering me around like I'm some sort of taxi service!" he exclaimed.

Serena smiled. "Exactly! So, do we have a deal?" She stuck out her hand for him to shake, her blue eyes sparkling with interest.

Ash groaned. "Do I have to?" he whined. Serena turned to her mother for support. 

Grace gave Ash an apologetic look. "Well, I would prefer you to take her, rather than her catch a bus..." she trailed off, turning around to chop up the vegetables.

Ash sighed. "I can't believe I'm even agreeing to this." He shook her hand in agreement.   Serena gave an excited squeal, and gave Ash a quick kiss on the cheek. She blushed, then winked at him. "Maybe we could make a stop at Noodle Kingdom for lunch tomorrow. How do feel about some ramen?"

Ash pumped his fist into the air. "YES! RAMEN!" he shouted, and did a little happy dance around the room. Grace just smiled and shook her head at the two of them.

Serena got up then ran off towards the door. "I gotta go tell Dawn!" she said, slipping on her bag. Ash laughed and walked after her. He put a hand on her shoulder and spun her around.

"Are you sure you want to go out dressed like that?" he inquired, trying to hold back his laughter. Serena looked down, then frowned. She was still dressed in her pyjamas. She lifted a finger at Ash. "Not a word," she warned. He nodded. "You're secrets are safe with me, Princess Sere," he winked. She gave him a teasing smiled. "Thanks Captain Ash," she said, and walked back up the stairs. 

YAY!!!! First official chapter done!!!!! So - what do you all think? Princess Sere and Captain Ash - the best of friends. You'll find out where those names came from in the upcoming chapters XD. Anyways, I hope you like it so far - if you do comment and fav it! Maybe I'll post another chapter of this today - I'll see how I go. Anyways see you all soon!

xx Scarlet