Chapter Thirteen - Kida Delwen

Kida was sitting on the edge of the building, swinging one leg off the side with the other bent slightly in front of her. She was looking out at the rest of the abandoned part of Milos, wondering how long it had been like this. She also wondered how long the Keeri boy had been living in this building for, and if he'd always been alone.

"How come you brought them here?" Kida asked finally, glancing sideways at the spirit standing beside her. Helio shrugged his shoulders lightly as he looked out at the broken city in front of him from the wall-sized hole in the building that was hiding behind the curtains.

"It was close," he replied nonchalantly. "And private. No one will find them here."

Kida glanced at the curtain separating her and Helio from the 'saviours of the world' and raised an eyebrow. "Why couldn't we take them to the Ashlands?" she asked, looking back at Helio. "They'd definitely be safe there, right?"

"They would not be allowed on the island," Helio explained, sighing. "They are all violent, and would cause too much trouble. They are safer here than anywhere else. Quinton has put traps and snares around this building; no one will get in without his help."

"Good thing you can teleport," Kida muttered, and Helio looked at her.

"I cannot teleport," he said with a small frown. "I can shift the ground beneath me."

Kida nodded. "So... teleporting. That's what it's called."

Helio turned back to the destroyed city. "No it is not," he replied, and Kida rolled her eyes, getting up.

"I'm gonna check on them," she announced, holding her arms in the air as she stretched her back out. She grunted as she heard a click inside her body, then straightened out before pushing through the curtain to enter the room this 'Quinton' guy spent most of his life.

As she looked around the room at the unconscious people with ropes holding their arms down, Kida took in the appearances of her new companions and used a skill she had acquired since her time on Kron.

To be real, she knew exactly what kind of person everyone in the room was, except for one unfortunate soul. Her eyes settled on the boy with the white hair; Quinton Mattos, was his name. He was young; about twenty three years old, with a rather confusing mind to pick through. This was probably because he only owned half of his brain; the other half was home to a completely different human being altogether. She could see that Quin was confused. He didn't know what he was doing with his life. He might think that he goes about a normal, eventful routine each day, but in reality he didn't have a clue what life was about. He didn't know why he was doing what he did, and it confused him. Maybe that's why he was called the crazy.

Very suddenly, someone stirred to Kida's right, and she turned to find the assassin girl – Ryia – screwing her face up in pain, getting ready to open her eyes. Following this movement, the half-elf started moaning as well, so Kida ducked her head outside.

"They're waking up," she told him, and returned to the room where she jumped up on what used to be a kitchen counter and waited. Helio stood beside her, his hands linked together patiently.

The first person to sit up was the blonde elf – Issey. She looked around as her eyes opened, panic seeping into her expression as she started tugging on the bonds around her arms and legs.

"Where am I?" she croaked, her head whirling around quickly. "What happened?"

"You're alright, blondie," Kida replied with an eyebrow cocked in amusement. Issey snapped her head towards Kida, surprised, but when she saw Helio, she seemed to calm down slightly.