I. Introduction

I've been role playing for a good portion of time now, coming up on 7 years, to be exact, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I started out horrible. And I'll be the first to tell you that. Thinking back to my earliest years of role playing, I'm ashamed to have been that bad. AshamedBut, someone was gracious enough to take me under their wing and teach me the ropes of legitimate role play. After a month or two of being in that chatroom, I emerged a completely different role player. And guess what... I started getting recognition. It's been many years since I visited that chatroom, and since then I've been a little disappointed. I didn't see it when before I was apprenticed to someone in the arts of role play, but after I was, it was painful to try to role play with people. Now, after enough frustration, I have decided to try and help people get better at role play as the guy was gracious enough to teach me. You do not have to read this. You don't have to do anything. And I don't blame you for not wanting to change your style of role play. But I write this for anyone seeking to improve their reputation regarding role play. You don't have to win to be a good role player.