Almost To One

After brushing off Raymond and his nonsense wolf-and-bloodsucker story, I went to my class. Bennett was there already, and he leaned over to me as I sat down.

"What took you so long?"

"Got caught up," I replied breezily. Raymond was probably high- it wouldn't have been the first time. Bennett made a little sort of growling noise, and I looked up to see Dominic entering the class.

"Hey, Naomi," he whispered as he passed my desk.

Screw you, I said in my internal dialogue. He was kinda creeping me out with all of this hey Naomi business. Instead, I smiled at said, "Hey, Dominic."

Dominic was at his chair by this time, but Bennett said in a quiet voice, "Don't trust him, Naomi."

"What?" I asked, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

"Nothing," he said hastily, not meeting my gaze. I glared at him for a moment, but turned my attention to the whiteboard.

School passed by without any more weirdness. Raymond didn't talk anymore about werewolves and vampires, Bennett didn't hiss anymore warnings in my ear, and Dominic didn't say "Hey Naomi". Declan and Jordan had gone home, so Bennett dropped me off at my house. I ate dinner, went to bed, and put it all out of my mind.

Until I woke up in the middle of the night.

Dedicated to normalscaresme-