Supposedly Four

Dominic carried me for a long time, finally setting me down in the basement of an old house. He locked the door behind us, moving a large iron stove in front of the doorway with ease.

I huffed, crossing my arms. "Who, what, when, where, why, how?" I finally asked.

Dominic looked puzzled. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

"That game we used to play! Whenever one of us got something, or went somewhere, the other would ask who, what, when, where, why, how, and the other would answer all the questions!"

Dominic nodded. "Oh, right. Well- I was turned by the lovely Edward Cullen, who was traveling for a spin and found me, all alone, and felt sorry for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you were."

Dominic glared at me. "May I continue? The what, well, the what is vampire. The when... about a year ago, now. I'm perpetually seventeen. Where, I was in Seattle Washington, looking for my friend who I was supposed to meet up with. We never did. Why, well, I'd just gotten hit by a car, and I was dying-"

"You what?"

"God, Naomi, you never let me get a word in edgewise! Yes, they told me my lungs had collapsed in, but it was all right, because Edward was there. And how, he bit me. And that's it!"

I held up my hands. "Okay, so you went to Seattle a year ago to meet up with a friend, who pulled a no-show, then you got hit by a car, but luckily there was a, a blood boy there to save your life."

Dominic shrugged. "More or less."

I ran my hands through my hair and sat down on a termite-worn chair with a bump. The chair groaned in protest, then fell out from under me, collapsing with a crash. I never hit the floor, though, because Dominic caught me. And in a very unfortunate place.

My eyes widened, then narrowed as I realized where Dominic's hands were placed to keep me from falling to the ground. "Are you grabbing my butt, Dominic?"

He paled, even more so than his normal vampire-ness was. "Um... n-no?"

"Because I think you are," I affirmed slowly. "So why don't you let go. Now."

Blushing- or at least looking sheepish- he straightened the two of us, releasing me and stepping aside awkwardly. I kept my eyes fixed on his, nodding slowly. He backed away, even though I hadn't said anything. I pulled out my phone and opened the TraceAce app.

"What are you doing?" Dominic asked in a nervous laugh.

I pushed the blue button, then smiled simperingly at him. "Oh, nothing." I closed the app quickly and opened 2048, one of my favorite nerdy games.

"Are you calling them?" He accused me.

I showed him the screen with the numbered squares on it. "Nope, just playing a game."

Dominic glared at me, and I knew he hadn't totally fallen for my fib, but he let it slide. I mean, I thought he had.

"I watched your screen through your glasses," he informed me.

"Shit!"

Dominic glanced over his shoulder again. "Listen to me, Naomi. I did some stupid things, and, long story short, five bloodthirsty vampires are after me. I need a place to lay low, figure out what I need to do! And, well..."

The door exploded open, and three boys and a wolf burst into the room. Declan and Jordan grabbed Dominic's shoulders and wrestled him to his knees. Bennett came over to me and said, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured him. "Thanks, you guys."

Raymond, still a wolf, whined uncertainly. I aimed a kick at him. "I still hate you," I told him. He growled.

Dominic began to speak again. "Please, gentlemen," he insisted. "I know we have our differences, but I need your help!"

When it was clear Jordan and Declan weren't going to crack, Dominic turned his big gray eyes on me. "Naomi!" He pleaded. "Please, Naomi, I need your help!"

Declan looked about ready to punch his lights out, but I broke. "Wait. Maybe... you should hear him out."

Jordan looked at me in disbelief. "Are you kidding, Naomi? This guy just kidnapped you!"

"This guy used to be my best friend!" I retorted. "I feel like I could help him out a little!"

"He left you alone with that," Bennett said in disgust. Raymond whined again in protest.

I made the boys unhand Dominic while they listened to him. Once he was done, Declan leaned back. "You're more stupid than I thought," he decided.

Dominic blinked. "Sorry?"

"You led a clan of hostile leeches into our territory? Are you asking for a death sentence?" Declan said, his voice growing angrier. "No. The only reason we are going to help you is because the sooner we help you, the sooner you leave us alone."

Jordan stood and clapped his hands together. "Okay, ladies, let's go hunting!"

All of them headed towards the door, Declan with one hand firmly on Dominic's shoulder. I made to follow them, but Jordan stopped me. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where do you think you're going?"

I stared at him. "You said ladies. I am the most qualified lady here. That is, unless..." I gestured.

Jordan's face was priceless. I smirked. "Why, Jordan, are you feeling... flustered?"

Red as a strawberry, he looked down. "No. Come on. We're going back to the base."

"What about the other four?" I asked.

"Don't mind them," he said breezily. "Now, I'm going to turn, and you're going to ride me back to the car."

"Wow."

"Not like that! Naomi, you are a filthy person."

"I get that a lot."

Jordan, evidently, had turned in my eye roll. I scuffled to climb between his shoulders, and he trotted off, moving much more swiftly than we could have gone on foot.

"Hey! You! Wolf! Put down the girl!"

"Shit," I whispered to Jordan. "Park rangers, two o'clock!"

Wow.

I am honestly astounded at how much press this is getting.

Like, you realize this was a shitpost comment, right?

Aw, love you guys!

-Xandra