Chapter 4

July 14, 2013

"I don't know what to wear!" I screamed. It was probably loud enough for the neighbors to hear which was awfully embarrassing because they already thought we were spoiled rich kids.

I turned around to face Jocelyn who was texting away on her phone and when she finally looked up at me she rolled her eyes and threw her phone down on the bean bag chair. "He's taking you around the city, not around the freaking world, calm down." She yanked a gray tank top out of my closet and threw me a pair of white jean shorts. "Accessorize it and bam! You're done. Don't sweat the little stuff babe."

She picked up her phone and slammed the door behind her as she left. Jocelyn's short temper was probably my favorite thing about her, besides her being able to make me smile at all times. "I love you too!!!" I shouted after her. I was dressed and showered in less than an hour, but my hair was still fairly wet, it dried straight anyways so I didn't mind. I opened the door to our room and skipped out to our beautiful kitchen. The fridge barely had any food in it but we were content, we didn't really know where to get groceries yet. "Cait, have you seen my phone?" Emily asked me from behind. "No. Check in your bed." "Thanks babe." She cooed before waking out into our room.

Emily was absolutely gorgeous, I envied her charcoal black hair and baby blue eyes. I wanted to be able to pull that look off, but black hair wasn't an option for me. I looked at the clock, suddenly aware that Josh would be here in ten minutes and rushed to insert a half of a bagel in the toaster. Dakota came out in nothing but a bandeau and shorts and I was shocked to see her hair up, because she never wore her hair up. "Where are you going sexy?" I asked. "Out." "That clarifies everything." I replied with a roll of my eyes, she's always just so vague.

"Don't get sassy with me, you know I'm half black. I'm sure if I dug deep inside my self, I could bring it out and beat your butt." Dakota was gifted with caramel skin and thick spirals that clung to her face in the most endearing way. Hazel eyes glared at me, daring me to cross her another time, but I refused. I put my hands up in surrender and she took that as an opportunity to hug me. "I love you Cait." "I love you too Dakota, let's not kill each other."

The doorbell rang and Emily and Jocelyn were already at the door opening it. "My goodness, we're closer to the door than they are." Dakota laughed and she walked with me to the door. "I'll see you guys later."

I closed the door behind myself and turned around to look at Josh. I instantly became flustered with his turquoise eyes boring into my muted blue ones. Josh was adorned in a navy blue v-neck shirt, cargo shorts, and tan Sperry boat shoes, giving me that frat boy vibe I never experienced.

"Hi." I squeaked. My cheeks instantly flushed a vibrant hue of pink and I mentally cursed myself for being such a nervous Nelly. "Hey! Are you ready?" I nodded my head and he led us down the hall to the elevator. "How are you adjusting to the apartment?" "Pretty well. Everything's pretty chill. We have these neighbors that hate us already. The little Hispanic couple." He chuckled shaking his head a little and I smiled, his smile was beautiful. "Yeah, they hate everyone but each other. They don't have any children or pets, it's just them." "That's cute, in like a weird way." "It's creepy."

We stepped out of the elevator and headed out to the parking lot, not stopping until we got to his car. I gawked at the black Range Rover; it was perfectly clean, and I'm sure it ran just as nicely as it looked. He opened the door for me and allowed me to get comfortable in his leather seats before closing the door and walking around to his side. "So," He began after closing the door. "Where to?" "I thought you were going to show me around." "Right, well I know thats what you were expecting. I just didn't know how to ask you to hang out." "Like every other girl you ask out silly." He chuckled throwing his head back and smiled at me. "You seemed like you'd be harder to ask." I nodded my head considerably and smiled.