Chapter 7

I smile as I feel the wind whip across my face. The night is cool, the silence is comfortable. I can't help thinking that this mission is going to be so easy. I switched on my helmets microphone to talk to Cody.

"Hey it's going to take 60hrs to get to the boat point on these bikes, and we'll only have them for about 48, so I'm thinking no sleep until these run outta fuel?" I say into mid-air.

Cody's voice comes back slightly static like, "Yeah I'm fine with that, but remember, I can't go a week without sleep like you."

"Ok." I respond.

We're zooming through the trees so fast nothing even has a hope of seeing us. The rest of the time on the bikes goes smoothly, only stopping to eat and relieving ourselves.

It's nearing the 47hr mark and my motorcycle starts sputtering. I slow down and Cody slows down with me.

"My Bike is dying!" I yell to Cody.

"I can hear you just fine, Eris. But yeah, mine started doing that about a mile back." He says back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I manage to say without sounding mad.

"Well," He starts, "I figured yours would start doing that pretty soon, and I didn't want to slow us down."

I guess that makes sense, so I just shrug an "OK."

Then with an afterthought, "We should destroy these bikes, I don't think would appreciate random people obtaining expensive prototypes."

"Good Idea." He says, looking slightly impressed.

What can I say? I'm a smart Lady.

I walk over to him and really get a look at him after 2 days. He looks exhausted. Riding a motorcycle at top speed for 2 days straight really takes a lot of energy and concentration. Mentally that must be horrible for a normal human.

"Well, we'll do it after we sleeep, I'll take the first watch." I say softly, knowing how tired he is.

Cody doesn't even objects, he just nods and take a mat out of his bad and lays it in a area covered in bushes. I pick up a bike and balance it in a leafy tree, I do the same with the other one. I glance at Cody and he's looking at me with wonder.

"What?" I whisper.

"Nothing, those bikes must weight like 500lbs each and you just picked them up with no problem. It's Amazing." He mutters.

I shrug. They were pretty light.

I go to the bush Cody's laying in and set up  a radar in my mind for heat energy higher then 95 degrees in a ten mile radius and strange chemical and electrical activity. Then I set up a cat nap setting to replenish my mostly full energy, I need to be at the top of my game.

Before I settle into a very light sleep, I look at Cody. He looks so peaceful with no care in the world. I find a comfortable hidden spot in a bush near his. I start to drift into sleep, when my radar starts beeping. 145 degree in heat energy and varying levels of chemical and electrical energy. Too cold to be fire and too hot to be human. I need to go check it out.

It's only 9 miles away and moving fast in our direction. I glance at Cody and see he's already in a deep, deep sleep. I'll go get rid of the intrusion and be back before he wakes up. Easy Peasy.

I start running and see the intrusion in a few minutes. It's a.... Little girl? She's standing completely straight with her head tilted back like she's looking at the sky.

I reach out with my super smell and smell a disgusting metallic, rotting smell. Not the smell of a human, much less a little girl.

I call out, "Hello?"

Her little head snaps down and she stares at me with hollowed black pits. She... it...opens its mouth and a beyond high pitched notes comes out of her horrible little mouth. So high, it's enough for my superhuman freak head to feel like it's splitting open. I clap my hands to my ears and feel a warm, wet something. I look at my hands, blood. I've seen my own blood before, but never in battle. It almost.... scares me.

My training kicks in. My fingers automatically form a gun shape; my brain hurriedly makes its chemical bullet. I take aim and fire right into its mouth. The high pitched noise comes slightly lower. Enough for me to think, I survey my surroundings, no more threats. Just the weapon.

Its fists clench, its straight stance goes rigid; a gas starts to stream out of the hollow pits. I recognize the color almost immediately.

It's my special knockout gas.

I'm already starting to feel Woozy.

I fire bullet after bullet, even after my sight goes dim. The last thing I see is its hollow face right below mine. I hear a scream, hopefully from the terrors defeat. Then, all my senses gone, everything goes black, and I am gone.

*****************************

"Eris!" Jesus Christ, Eris Wake up, I know you're not dead!"

I'm hearing a voice, familiar, safe, a voice that could bring me home.

I open my eyes. Everything is really blurry, I close them, tell my brain to focus them and reopen them. I see Cody's face above mine, he looks very worried.

"Oh Eris, thank god." Cody says as his lips touch mine.

Reality crashes into the picture.

"What the hell?!" I shout, while sitting up and taking in the forest clearing.

Everything looks Peaceful. But I’m still in the monster's arena.

"Where is it? Where?" I demandedly ask, jumping up, eyes narrowed ready for another fight.

"Was it that girl thing?" Cody asks.

"What do you think Cody?" I demand, my temper rising.

"Sorry, whatever it was, it disintegrated when I came into the clearing."

My mind quickly puts together the nagging puzzle of why that little monster was even here.

"Stephen." I say.

Cody's eyes widen.

"He's created weapons to disable me. Probably to even kill me." I explain.

I look at Cody. His face is devoid of emotion.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"I woke up when I heard you scream."

Scream?... I thought that was the little girl...

"I used this device thing to follow the sound." Cody continues, totally oblivious to my preoccupation as he holds up a black, palm sized devise that has a grey screen.

"Oh" I whisper. My voice drops even lower." It was horrible Cody, the sound, it tortured me. I felt so... so.. weak."

He Engulfs me in a hug and chuckles slightly, "Now you know what the rest of us feel like all the time. But, i wish i was here with you, and I really wish you had woke me up."

"I'm glad you weren't here with me, it would've killed you. I can't lose you Cody." I snuggle closer into his arms, enjoying the close comfort.

Cody's P.O.V.

I feel like such a traitor.

Well, one, because I am one and two because I'm the one who gave Stephen the coordinates of our location for his weapon to attack Eris.

She's my angel, but I'm helping her enemies to kill her.

I don't deserve something so pure and perfect. But of course fate decides to fuck up two people’s lives. Screw Fate.

Why don't I go against Stephen? I dunno...

I am such a bitch.

Another one down, a shizton more to go!! Vote and Comment:)))