Chapter 11: The Better Person

Chapter Eleven - The Better Person

"Ugh!" Leila sighed heavily as she walked up to Emaan and Sabrina. "She keeps calling me!"

She was holding her phone, her fingers turning white as she grasped on to it tightly. Her eyes sparked with irritation. Emaan raised an eyebrow, leaning on Sabrina's locker. 

"Who?" She asked.

"Leena." Leila replied, clearly frustrated. "My hip's been constantly vibrating for two days!"

"Your...hip?" Sabrina inquired, slowly.

Leila eyed her as she slowly slipped her phone into her pant's pocket. Sabrina nodded, as she understood what Leila meant. She shook her head.

"Well, that's what you get for playing with-" She started to scold her friend, but was interrupted by a muffled sound.

Leila's head jerked up and she gave a small scream.

"Oh my Allah!" She gasped as she reached for her phone. "Are you serious? Again?" 

Her phone vibrated, the screen displaying the caller I.D as The Incarnation of Evil. Sabrina took it as a reference to Leena, and worriedly watched Leila as she seethed at her phone. Suddenly Leila's head snapped up and her eyes flashed, dangerously.

"You know what?" She began. "This ends now."

"Um..what?" Emaan asked, alarmed.

"Wait, Leila - no!" Sabrina cried as she realized what Leila was about to do.

But it was too late. Leila had answered the call, her phone pressed against her ear. Sabrina and Emaan could do nothing but watch, their hearts drumming in their chests. Sabrina held her breath, and prayed Leila would keep her head.

"Hello." Leila muttered, disguising her voice in a masculine tone.

At least she's smart enough to mask her voice, Sabrina thought, her heart beat calming down. On the other line, Leena could be heard screaming her face off.

"WHO ARE YOU? YOU STUPID LITTLE JERK" Leena yelled. "I AM SO..UGH...YOU ARE SO DEAD!"

Leila didn't seem disturbed by the following cuss words and curses that Leena followed with the death sentence. She waited impatiently for her to trail off. As Leena took a breath - most probably to resume cussing and cursing - Leila took her chance and spoke up.

"Oh no, man." She said in fake alarm, distancing her phone from her ear, so her voice sounded faraway. "She's onto us. What do we do, now?"

"Don't worry, bro." She said in a different, deeper voice. "My brother's a cop and if this chick keeps calling us we can get a restraining order-"

Leila abruptly ended the call, so it looked as if it was cut off. Sabrina and Emaan stared at her, their mouths hanging open. Sabrina was expecting a full on, scream off between the two girls. She never in a million years guessed that Leila was about to trick Leena again. She shook her head as Leila smiled proudly.

"Well?" She asked. "Do you think she'll bother calling again?"

"Um, I dont think you can get a restraining order on someone just for calling them a lot." Emaan mused.

"Who cares." Leila shrugged, then looked over Emaan's shoulder. "Besides, something tells me Leena does."

The three girls looked over to a pale faced Leena. At first, Sabrina was horrified by what she was wearing - a hideous yellow sweater and a snapback with the word Obey on it. Then she realized that Leena was staring at her phone, the color washed out of her face. She seemed to be caught between throwing her phone out a window or finding out who embarrassed her in front of the school.