Chapter 1

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 1 - Celeste

Celeste was pretty sure "certain death" wasn't in the job description.
Heat curled up the sides of her neck as she ran faster, trying to catch up to Percy and Annabeth.

Monsters swarmed around her like flies, but none of them noticed her. She occasionally ran into some of them, causing them to look around confusedly.

The Doors of Death were an arms-length away when she tripped. Her face landed on the skin-like ground. Groaning, she picked herself up, but she could no longer see Annabeth and Percy.

Had she lost them? Suddenly, a giant's foot came down over her. She screamed and rolled away, promising herself to never do something this stupid ever again.

She felt her foot lodge in something and she noticed it was the doors. She looked up to find Percy and Annabeth struggling to close them. On her foot of course.

The pressure of the doors sent coils of pain through her leg. Keeping her foot tightly in the gap of the doors, she squeezed through Percy and Annabeth, shoving them aside.

The floor of the "elevator" hit her head hard, and she heard the crack of her nose. She winced as she put her hand on the wound, seeing her gold blood. Ichor is what it was called.
She wasn't a god though. She wasn't even immortal. She was a demigod just like Annabeth and Percy.

Unfortunately, she had godly powers which made her a "dangerous threat". Or so her father, Poseidon, says.
In the corner of her eye, she saw Annabeth struggling to keep the doors closed. Percy bolted up from where Celeste shoved him onto the ground to help Annabeth. Celeste tried to get up and help as well, but her body felt like lead. Pain coursed through every muscle in her body, bringing tears to her eyes.

Suddenly, a dark black smoke rose from underneath the crack in the doors. Percy and Annabeth were oblivious.

"Percy!" Celeste croaked. It was no use. He never heard her. No one ever did. She was invisible. A curse from her father. Forced to be unseen by any living creature because she was too dangerous.

She saw Annabeth's hands grow limp and tired as she collapsed onto the ground. Percy tried to yell, but he collapsed as well. The air was suffocating them.

Celeste drew in one last breath of air and collapsed into darkness.

Before they could shadow-travel away, Celeste bolted awake and grabbed Percy's arm. He looked startled and stared at Celeste, but he looked right through her as if she were air.

They found themselves back where the Argo II was stationed. Dizziness overwhelmed Celeste so much that she collapsed into the grass. Of course, no one rushed to her aid. No one could see her.

A lot had happened since then. Celeste was now on the Argo II, sitting in a chair on the top deck. She watched Percy and Annabeth leaning on the railing, talking.

Tartarus. The place still gave her nightmares. Celeste had voluntarily jumped into Tartarus just for her
brother Percy. Crazy? Absolutely.

Especially since she had been alone. Of course Annabeth and Percy had been there, but they didn't know that Celeste had been there. She had almost lost them several times. Especially when they has been shrouded with Death Mist and everything turned dark. She had had no idea what Annabeth and Percy's plan was going to be! She was lucky to find them in all the pitch black.

Remembering the moment gave Celeste the shudders. She almost forgot how scared she had been when she thought she'd be lost in Tartarus forever. Fortunately, she had made it out.

It didn't make her life any better, but at least she was out of that terrible place. Staring at Percy's big sea green eyes looking into Annabeth's stormy gray eyes made Celeste crave a relationship. She had her eyes on the Hephaestus boy, Leo, but no one could see her, so what did it matter?

Watching Percy, she cried silently, sending a small prayer to her father to remove the curse. She couldn't take it anymore. It was going to kill her.
Her eyes drifted closed as she fell into a deep sleep. However, she was shaken awake by a set of kind hands. Percy's hands.