Chapter 20

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 20 - Celeste

Celeste wasn't very good at hiding. If you spend half of your life invisible, you don't really need to hide. However, this was a I-need-to-hide-right-now situation.

She pulled herself into a small gap in the wall as Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, and Leo walked by. None of them noticed her. She sighed when they passed.

She wasn't happy about leaving them.

Especially not Percy. However, she needed to get away for awhile. She felt as if she had caused everything. She didn't want to put her friends in more danger.

She pulled herself out of the gap and walked in the opposite direction of the others. Stuffing her hands in the pockets of her jeans, she wandered around aimlessly. She could be attacked by a monster right now and she wouldn't care.

She was just so-depressed.

She didn't walk far until she ran face-first into something hard. She groaned loudly as she collapsed into the ground.

Being unconscious for several hours tended to give you a headache. Just her luck to run into something just as the headache was starting to go away.

When she fell, she didn't have the energy to get back up. She saw a boy a couple years younger than her appear above her. He was rubbing his head furiously. A large bruise began to form where he was rubbing. Celeste figured she had ran into him.

The boy had black hair and was wearing an aviator's jacket. He looked tired and not too entirely happy about running face-first into Celeste.

"Are you alright?" He asked, no concern in his voice whatsoever.

"Fine." Celeste mumbled, still lying on the ground, refusing get up.

"Are you gonna get up?" The boy asked.

Celeste sighed and stood up slowly.

That's when she finally noticed the boy.

It was Nico di Angelo. The son of Hades. Percy's friend.

Celeste remembered when Percy first met Nico. She was with them of course, unseen. She remembered how happy and upbeat Nico was. Of course, that was when his sister had been alive.

Celeste remembered Bianca. She still felt bad for Nico sometimes. Seeing his little face when he blamed Percy for Bianca's death. It was enough to make anyone cry.

"Are you Nico di Angelo?" Celeste blurted out. She hated it when she did that.

Nico looked confused. "Um. Yeah, I am." He said. He started to reach for his sword, but Celeste gabbed his wrist.

"No, no, no. Don't do that. You're looking for Percy right?" Celeste asked.

Nico looked a little embarrassed. His face was slightly red. But his face still showed confusion and anger.

"Well yeah. And others." Nico said.

Celeste nodded.

She pointed towards where the others had went, showing Nico where she had recently been. She didn't tell him anything else though.

"Don't tell them you talked to me alright?" Celeste said quickly.

"Why?" Nico asked.

"Personal reasons. Just-please." Celeste's begged.