Chapter 26

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 26 - Celeste

Celeste awoke to a cloth over her face. In fact, the cloth was over her whole body.

She ached all over, not being able to move from the pain that was creeping through her body.

She heard crying in the distance and the faint murmur of voices.

Energy was draining out of her by the second. She winced as she tried to move.

Her breaths rattled in her throat and her pulse was so slow, you could barely feel it.

"Am I dead?" She thought.

Of course that was a stupid thought. When she dies, she should go straight to the Underworld and then get in either Elysium, the Fields of Asphodel, or the Fields of Punishment.

Eventually, she found her strength and sat up, her body fighting every move of her muscle.

She cried out in agony, and tears began to stream down her face. The cloth over her had fallen into her lap and she was looking at 8 very shocked demigods.

"Celeste?" Leo was the first to talk.

"We thought you were dead." Jason stated.

Even Nico and Hazel, children of the Underworld, nodded.

Celeste's eyes met Percy's, who was pale and wide-eyed. He was speechless.

"Celeste, you were dead. Your heart stopped." Annabeth said.

Celeste shook her head. "I think I would've remembered if I died."

Suddenly, Percy was on top of her, holding her in a death-tight grip. "I thought I'd lost you. It was all my fault. Celeste, I'm so sorry." He whispered into her hair so only she could hear.

She patted her brother on the back comfortingly, hoping to soothe his unease.

"It's okay Percy. It's not your fault. I'm not blaming you." Celeste said.

Percy sighed and pulled back slightly so they were eye to eye.

His big sea green eyes were brimmed with tears.

Then his look of happiness changed to curiosity.

Percy suddenly jerked back, clutching his head.

"Percy!" Everyone yelled.

It stopped.

Percy lay still, his breaths shaking. He looked up at the others.

"Are you okay?" Celeste asked.

Percy nodded, slowly sitting up.

"Sorry. Just a memory. Came out of nowhere." Percy said.

"What kind of memory?" Celeste asked.

Percy shook his head. "I don't remember. It was too brief."

"We need to get out of here." Annabeth said, helping Percy to his feet.

"Where will we go?" Hazel asked.

No one knew what to do.

They were stranded who knows where with no transportation or help whatsoever.

Transportation.

Ignoring everyone, Celeste dove in the water and used her power to summon any sunken boat she could find. Her powers strained her, but she continued on, using more and more power every second.