Chapter 23

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 23 - Annabeth

Annabeth hated waiting.

She always had a plan, and now she was completely clueless.

Watching Percy and Celeste plunge into the ocean to search for some sort of transportation had been hard.

Polybotes was out there somewhere, wanting to kill both Percy and Celeste.
Sitting on the beach doing nothing was going to drive her crazy.

Annabeth glanced around at her friends who seemed just as worried as she did.

They all knew sending Percy and Celeste out there was the stupidest idea ever.

However, it was the only idea they had.
Every second Percy was gone, Annabeth's heart twisted.

They had only just gotten out of Tartarus. She was not going to lose him.

"Annabeth?" A voice behind her made her jump.

It was Piper.

"Yes?" Annabeth asked.

Piper bit her lip and then spoke. "Are you alright? I know with Percy and everything that-"

"I'm fine." Annabeth interrupted.

Piper nodded, walking back over to Jason.

Annabeth groaned from the inside.

She liked Piper, they were good friends, however, Annabeth was so stressed that sympathy wasn't going to settle her nerves.

Standing, she walked towards the ocean. She stared out into the endless blue waves.

The water always reminded her of Percy.

His sweet smile. His beautiful sea green eyes. The way his dark black hair was always messy. His ability to make Annabeth smile, no matter what the situation.

Those were only a few things she loved about him.

After Tartarus, she felt that if he was even a foot away from her, he was too far.

Now, he was swimming with Celeste, looking for a form of transportation that would help them all.

He was doing it for them.

For his friends.

And her of course.

His fatal flaw, helping those he loved.

Annabeth thought it was the best fatal flaw there was, wanting to help the ones you loved.

However, she knew it was dangerous.

Percy always was trying to save people and sometimes, he barely even tried to save himself.

It worried Annabeth constantly that one day he would die trying to save her.

Sighing, Annabeth shook away her thoughts and walked away from the water.

Her friends were sitting by the sputtering fire that Leo had made the night before.

It was morning now, the sun peeking up over the clouds, casting a bright glow on everyone.

Annabeth sat down next to Leo.

He looked at her worriedly, but he didn't say anything.

In fact, no one said a word.

Just the sound of the fire flickering.

Finally, Hazel broke the silence.

"How long do you think they'll be? Percy and Celeste, I mean." She said.

No one answered, everyone just shrugged in unison.

Hazel nodded and didn't talk again.

It had been a few hours when everyone began to get worried.

If Celeste and Percy hadn't found anything by now, they would've come back.

If they had found something, they definitely would've come back.

However, there was no sign of either of them. Just the sound of the waves.

"Should we go look for them?" Annabeth asked.

"Got any other children of Poseidon on you?" Leo asked.

"We could build a raft. Or Frank could turn into some kind of sea creature. Or we could..you know...swim." Annabeth said.

Everyone looked at Annabeth.

"What?" Annabeth asked.

Piper pointed behind her.

Annabeth whirled around, her hand on her sword.

However, she found her self looking at the sea god, Poseidon.

He smiled.

His form was shifting back and forth from Poseidon and Neptune, but he was some how able to control it for a few seconds.

"Young demigods." He began. "You are right. My children are in trouble. I have tried to help them, but as you see, I'm in a bind. I would be grateful if you could help." He said.

Annabeth's heart nearly stopped.

Percy was in trouble?

She would've sprinted to the water and dove right in if she wasn't curious on what was happening.

"What's happened?" Annabeth asked.

Poseidon shook his head grimly. "I do not know. All I know is that I've seemed to have lost contact with Celeste and I never lose contact with her. Unless, of course, another force blocks out my powers. Such as another god or even a giant."

The sea god flickered and stumbled back.

"I must go. Please see to helping Percy and Celeste. They are the few of my children who are actually good-natured."

And then he glowed brightly.

Annabeth and the others barely had time to shield their eyes, but they made it just in time.

When the god left, everyone was ready.

"Leo, how fast can you make a raft?" Annabeth asked.

Leo grinned and pulled out several tools.

"Give me two minutes and a lot of wood." He said.

Annabeth nodded and everyone dropped into action.

Percy was not going to die on her watch.

Even if that meant killing Mother Nature herself.