Chapter 5

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 5 - Leo

Leo was watching from the sides when the girl broke free. Percy had fell on top of him when he fell, causing Leo to hit his hard.

When the girl jumped off the railing, things got worse. The waves started to shake the boat around the water. A storm brewed above them, causing the Argo 2 to sink. Sink!?

Leo's boat couldn't sink! He wouldn't let it! He rose as quickly as he could and grabbed the wheel of the ship.

As he tried to get the ship upright, he saw the girl in the water, her hands in the air, her eyes streaked with tears.

She looked up at Leo with her eyes very similar to Percy's. "Jump!" She screamed. "I'm doing this to help! You don't understand yet, but please!" She screamed. Leo then realized that she was creating the storm.

Leo looked at her with a startled expression. He could tell that this girl was begging her. But what did she care? She attacked Percy, and now she was saving them by drowning them!?

The girl shook her head and pointed towards the shore which was miles away. "The giants are there! If you go, bad things will happen! I can't let that happen! You'll be safer if you just please jump!" The girl screamed.

Leo didn't understand how plummeting into the ocean and drowning would help save his and his friends' lives, but he didn't feel like this girl was lying.

"If we jump, will the boat be okay? You can't sink it, it's our only transportation!"

The girl looked desperate and annoyed. Then she sighed. "Fine!" She yelled from the water.

She threw her hands down and the storm stopped automatically. The waves calmed like it was smooth sailing.

"Just promise me you won't go there until you have to!" She said, pointing at the strip of land that was far off.

Leo nodded. "I promise!" He yelled back. The girl smiled and dove back under the water.

Suddenly, Percy was shaking his shoulder. "Leo!" He yelled.

Leo whirled around to face Percy. He had a bruise on his head where he fell, but he still looked unharmed.

"What happened? What did you promise to her?" Percy asked. He must have been listening.

Leo fumbled with his fingers like he always did. "I-I promised I wouldn't go there." Leo said, pointing to the land where the girl told him not to go.

"What!? But that's where Gaea's forces are!!" He yelled. Leo nodded.

"I know, but I think this girl is trying to tell us something, trying to protect us. If we stick with her, we might defeat Gaea and live to tell the tale." Leo said.

Percy looked pale and seasick. Which was weird since he was a son of Poseidon.

Then he caught Leo off guard. He ran past him and jumped off the boat and into the water.

"Percy!" He yelled. But all he saw were waves. He ran to find Annabeth, still struggling to get up.

Leo helped her and saw Frank sitting next to Hazel with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Are you alright?" Leo asked him. Frank looked up at him.

"My arrow went through her. How did it do that!?" He said. Hazel was sitting next to him, patting him on the back.

"Hazel, where's Jason and Piper?" Leo asked.

Hazel pointed belowdecks. "Down there, talking. Jason thinks he created the storm and Piper's trying to cheer him up."

Leo nodded and looked at Annabeth who was searching around desperately.

"Annabeth what's wrong?" Leo asked. Annabeth stared at him and grabbed his shoulders.

"Percy. Where's Percy!? Did you see him!?" She yelled. Leo knew that voice. She was scared. Her and Percy promised to never separate again, but that's exactly what Percy just did. Or maybe he was still close by. Percy wouldn't leave Annabeth behind, he's too kind.

"Um, he kind of jumped into the water. I think he was looking for that girl." Leo stammered.

Annabeth's eyes widened with fear and rage. "We have to go after him! That girl could kill him! I can feel it!" She screamed. She dashed for the railing, but Leo caught her arm.

"Annabeth, no! You can't go after him, not alone." Leo said. Annabeth nodded but then suddenly kicked Leo in his gut. Leo tumbled back and Hazel caught him.

"Annabeth!" Hazel yelled. But Annabeth ignored everyone and jumped overboard into the deep blue water below.