Chapter 19

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 19 - Jason

No one realized Celeste was in trouble until they heard the scream. It was definitely Celeste's scream.

The first one to react was Percy. He shot straight out of the room, his sword already in his hand.

The others had no choice but to follow him. Jason was the last one out the door. Piper was beside him, holding her cornucopia.

"Gonna pelt the old lady with some pineapples, Pipes?" Jason teased. She shoved him lightly.

"No." She said.

"Why don't you use your knife?" Jason asked.

Piper shrugged and unsheathed her dagger, Katropis.

"Annabeth said it's never seen battle. Maybe I'm keeping the tradition." Piper said.

Jason nodded, smiling. Then, Celeste's scream came again, and his smile melted. He didn't really know Celeste, or really trust her, but she didn't deserve to die. Jason had the urge to help Celeste, even though that girl could fight pretty well on her own.

Jason wondered how Celeste got captured in the first place. She was such a great fighter. He had seen her take out Percy with a few blows. He figured she wasn't paying attention and was weak from being unconscious for several hours.

Suddenly, Piper grabbed Jason's arm.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I feel them again." Piper muttered.

Jason shook his head, confused. "Who?"

"The Eidolons." She said.

Jason froze. He remembered the Eidolons. They had possessed him along with Percy and Leo.

It wasn't a fun time then.

"Are you sure?" Jason asked. "Didn't you make them promise to leave us alone?"

Piper nodded, her face pale. She was biting her lip. "But I made them promise to leave us alone. I never said for them to leave Celeste alone and I definitely never said to leave the lady alone."

Jason nodded grimly. "Oh. Right."

Ahead of them, the others were walking, scattered out in different directions, but still walking in a group.

Leo's fire on his hand and Percy's glowing sword were the only light sources as they descended down the super-long staircase. In fact, the stairs seemed to go on forever. Jason hated to think what it would be like to walk back up.

All of a sudden, Percy, ahead of everyone else, stopped abruptly.

Annabeth ran straight into him.

"Percy what's wrong?" She asked. Her voice echoed throughout the staircase.

Jason readied his sword for an attack.

"Split up." Percy said. Everyone silently agreed. There were two hallways on the sides of the staircase that lead to separate rooms. The stairs, on the other hand, kept going down. Percy and Annabeth went down the steps, Frank, Hazel, and Leo went left, and Piper and Jason went right.

The hallway Jason and Piper were in was cold and dark. Water dripped from the ceiling and it smelled like a sewer.

Jason felt Piper grasp his hand. He gave her an encouraging smile, but it didn't work. They were both scared, they had to admit it.