All Alone in the Streets of Japan

Your POV

I shoved my hands into the pockets of my raincoat. Surveying the street, I sigh in disbelief. "Wow, my first day here, and I can't even find my new house." I flipped my long black hair, which was already soaking wet. I didn't even bother putting up my hood at this point.

Let's backtrack.

My Story- So, I'm a second year in high school, and I just moved to Japan about an hour ago. My dad is a wealthy lawyer, but I hate his guts. He cheated on my mom (who was a lawyer as well), and didn't care about me. My mom had decided that I would go live in her old house in her home country, Japan, for this very reason. She had booked me a flight to Japan, given me a credit card and a promise to send money every month, and that was it. Then I was flying away from my home in Palos Verdes, California. Now I can't find the stupid house, and It's raining. GREAT.

My Basic Information and Looks- I'm 5 foot 4, Korean from my Dad's side and Japanese from my Mom's side, and my birthday was on February 15th, 2000. I am currently 16, but I'll be 17 in about 2 months, since It's December 6th, Friday, 2016. I have long black hair that goes down to my torso, and black eyes. I also have great skin and a skinny build. People say I'm beautiful, but I've never felt beautiful.

My Personal Traits- I am intelligent, athletic, and creative. I am very social, and kind as well. I am constantly befriending people, and will listen to anyones problems. However, I'm also pretty lazy and can get really moody when I'm on my period.

Strengths and Hobbies- I've always been a straight A student, but I have fallen asleep in all of my classes at least once due to the classes being too boring and my sleep disorder. I have played volleyball for 9 years, and my position is setter. I also enjoy drawing, and am pretty good at drawing 'manga style', but my favorite hobby is gaming.

Weaknesses- I have a sleeping disorder, and take sleep pills. I hate when things don't go according to plan, and I am also very proud. I don't really see the meaning in life, and that's why I'm so cheerful-I'm trying to find it.

Likes- Apple pie. K-pop. My phone. Cats.

Dislikes- Dresses. Insects. Bugs. No wifi. Not knowing what the meaning of life is.

My Current Situation- Someone. Help. Me.

I grit my teeth and keep walking down the street. There are a few shops lining the street, but I'm too embarrassed to ask for help. Calm down. Your luggage is waiting for you at your house, and is being unpacked. All you need to do is find your house. I think to myself. I ponder the idea of calling somebody on my iPhone 6s, but who would I call?

Suddenly, I hear some frantic cries coming from a box a little bit farther down the street. It sounds like...meowing?! I finally put my hood up, eyes flashing. I begin to run down the street. No way. Someone did not... I reach the box. There are two little kittens inside. They're soaking wet, and they look desperate to get out of the rain.

I see a sign next to the box. "Have already been given the necessary shots. Just take these useless things. Free." It says in black sharpie. I narrow my eyes. I sigh, and take off my rain coat. Wincing as the rain hits my skin, I cover the majority of the box with it. Thankfully, my phone is in one of the zippered, waterproof pockets. I begin to carry the box. It's fairly easy to carry, but I still don't know where I am. I reach the end of the street, and turn. I am faced with another long street, with small businesses and cafes on either side.

I reach my breaking point right then and there.

I sink to my knees and start to cry. The kittens' meowing has subsided, but they softly whimper, as if feeling my pain. "Someone help me..." I whisper, wiping my eyes. And hon, I'm no cryer! I sit there for a few minutes, crying softly. All of a sudden, the rain stops. I look up, my eyes red from crying. There stands a boy with black roots and blonde hair, holding a black umbrella over me. His eyes meet mine with genuine kindness and sympathy.

"Are you okay?" He asks timidly.

By the way, sorry about the weird transitions between past and present tense. Please deal with it!😬🙏🏼