Worst Goodbye Ever

Your POV (walking home from Nekoma)

I'm so stupid.

I can't even blame Senpai Kuroo or whatever for hating me. I mean, I just showed up from the USA and stole his best friend away from him! I feel so horrible I could curse...but I won't.

On top of that, I think I ruined the Nekoma Volleyball Team's practice. What was I thinking, yelling my problems at Kuroo? Er, Senpai Kuroo. And Kenma's teammates were really nice to me...(with one exception)I really feel like cursing.

But there's more! I have to go tell the Karasuno Volleyball Team that I'm leaving for California. (I don't even know what my mom will say, but I'll worry about that later.) I don't want to leave...but this seems like my only option. I don't want to ruin any more lives...

And to really put the cherry on top of this whole fiasco, I had to say goodbye to Kenma. The mixture of emotions on his face, his huge, worried cat eyes...I think that I've been scarred for life.

But this is the only way.

Kenma's POV

No. No. This can't be happening. Is Y/N serious??? She can't leave me.

I hear Kuroo nervously walking up to me. "K-Kenma? Are you okay..."

I whirl around in fury. "AM I OK?!" I scream, glaring at him. (WHOA! That glare was worthy of Y/N) "YOU SHOULD BE APOLOGIZING FOR HURTING MY BEST FRIEND!" I grab his hand and force him to look into my eyes. "Do you know how important Y/N was to me?! She's the only person that I can actually talk to without being shy!!!" Kuroo looks extremely hurt, but I don't care. It's his fault that Y/N is leaving.

"Kenma! I'm sorry! I just didn't want to lose you!" Kuroo says in a wounded/shocked voice. I can understand the shocked part. No one has ever heard me scream.

"You should be sorry. Y/N is leaving me..." I pause, my anger melting away as the words I have just said sink in. "Y/N....is leaving..." Tears flow down my cheeks as I wordlessly turn away from Kuroo and run out of the gym.

"Kenma...KENMA!" Kuroo yells frantically. "Come back!" I grit my teeth and keep running. It's getting dark and it looks like it'll rain soon, but I don't care. I have to stop Y/N from leaving.

Nishinoya's POV

Y/N told me the news during lunch. But I refused to accept it.

"Y/N! You can't leave! I love you!" I had declared, with tears in my eyes. However, I already knew what her response would be. I had seen her texting that dude named Kenma multiple times, and whenever she did...her eyes lit up like a sky full of stars.

She's in love with Kenma. And she told me so while sobbing. "I'm so sorry Nishinoya! I-I love someone else....but I am going to miss you. SO MUCH. You are my best friend."

Best friend. I'll take it.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!!!" I sobbed, hugging her. She just smiled and walked away, with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I silently murmured, "Kenma, stop her from leaving. Please."