Player 2

I FINALLY MADE THIS CHAPTER! Enjoy❤️️

Your POV

"Sorry Daichi....I've made my decision. I'm moving back to California." The words didn't feel right coming out of my mouth. Tears forming in my eyes, I hung up on the Volleyball Team Captain. Why was it so hard, saying goodbye?

I turned my phone off, and lay down on my bed. I'd barely lived in Japan, yet I had made friends that made me feel like Japan had been my home forever. I turned my phone on, and a picture of Kenma, the cats, and I popped up. I stared at it for a long time before breaking down and crying.

"Why, Kenma?" I asked between sobs. "Why do I love you so much?" At that moment, it began to rain. Hard. Usually I'd cringe, but the rain reminded me of the time I met Kenma. I listened to the pounding of the rain, smiling sadly. After a minute or two, the doorbell rang.

"What the Hades?" I cursed. Well, sort of. I'm a Percy Jackson nerd. I dried my eyes and went to get the door. The doorbell rang again, and I ran down the stairs. "Dang, I'm coming!" I muttered under my breath. I reached the door and opened it slowly, expecting to see an angry Daichi. However, I saw somebody of far greater importance.

Kenma.

Kenma hesitantly walked inside, soaked from the heavy rain, his eyes filled with tears. Almost immediately, I started to cry too. "K-Kenma...I'm sorry I have to leave." I said through my tears. "I just don't belong here. Thanks to me, Kuroo, your best friend, is angry at you. I'm sorry Kenma...I'm so sorry." I turned away from him and wiped my eyes, too ashamed to look him in the eye. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Y/N....don't leave me. I-" He broke down sobbing. I looked at him in shock, unable to speak. Kenma was a mess. Tears were running down his face, and he was sobbing hard. "Y/N....I don't know what I'd do without you!" Kenma wiped his eyes. "I don't care if Kuroo never talks to me again! You're my best friend, and the only person who I can talk normally to....and you're also the first person I've ever had a c-c-crush on...." Kenma stopped talking. He buried his head in his hands and silently sobbed.

My heart dissolved. Kenma had a crush on me?! I couldn't believe it. I pulled him into an embrace. Startled, Kenma flinched, but relaxed and hugged me back after a moment. "Y/N?" He asked softly.

"Kenma, I'm staying here. Because I love you...and I'll stay with you forever, and be your Player 2." As we embraced, I smiled with satisfaction.
I found my meaning of life.