「TWELVE」

ANNIE
r e a l l i f e

SHE TIGHTENED HER GRIP ON THE BAG as she entered the park, letting the gate swing closed after her.

The heat from the paper bag was keeping her hands warm from the brisk breeze; ten o clock at night wasn't an ideal time to go out, especially in her neighbourhood. But she wanted to risk it for the sake of her new friend.

Annie squinted her eyes, trying to look around in the dark. The park was lit by the occasional lamp, but it was enough for her to see a person on the far bench.

She froze on the spot, clutching the bag of food to her chest.

There he was. He was right there.

Her heart instantly jumped into her throat, making her want to just quickly duck away and go home.

"Don't be a weak ass bitch, Annabel."
She muttered to herself, irritated at the presence of nerves; she wasn't ever anxious about much. She had grown to be quite confident and independent after her parent's passing.

She shook her head and ran a hand through her hair, before walking slowly towards where he sat.

As she approached, her nerves turned to excitement, as she suddenly realised.

She had bought Taco Bell for Josh Dun, and was now going to talk to him in a park at 10 o clock at night.

Annie coughed, sending Josh's head to snap to her in shock.

She froze again, held still by his smiling eyes. She quickly gave a small wave, unsure of what to do.

"H-Hi," She blurted, mentally slapping herself for being so nervous.

Josh just smiled, his eyes drifting from her face to her hair, then to the paper bag in her hands. Annie watched as his eyes widened in delight.

She coughed.

"I, um, I got you Taco Bell," She chuckled, handing him the bag.

He let out a laugh, peering inside the bag with amazement.

"Are you serious?" He shook his head incredulously, sending Annie a grin.

Annie tutted, snatching the bag back from him and unwrapping one of the tacos.

"Nope," She smiled before taking a huge bite.

"Why would I buy it for you? You're a stranger." Annie said with her mouth full, making Josh laugh.

"A sexy stranger." He added with a wink, taking his own bite out of the taco in her hand.

"Eeewww," She laughed, hitting Josh on the shoulder as she swallowed the rest of her mouthful.

"True though," She added, before running away with the rest of the food, making Josh run after her with a laugh.

---

im inactive asf i apologize