Ch. 5

(When the words are in bold, that means she is dreaming. When they are in italics, people are speaking.)

Aurora's POV:
After I played down on Jasper's lap, I felt him move and lay down on the couch. So now I'm lying on his chest and stomach. I drifted off to a sleep full of unexpected nightmares.

°nightmare°
I was running in the forest away from a bad man with red eyes. But I tripped over a tree root, and ended up scraping my elbow. I sat up crying and cradling my elbow. I looked up to see the red eyed man.

"Well, aren't you a cutie. Too bad you won't be able to grow up." He said. I screamed, and then Jasper appeared.

"Get back Aury, go find Esme. Please, run...RUN...WAKE UP!" He yelled.

°nightmare ended°

I woke up screaming with tears coming down my face. I felt Jasper move underneath me.

Jasper's Pov:
I was watching TV when I hear Aurora scream and start to sob on my chest. I quickly sit up and sit her gently on my lap.

"What's wrong buttercup. Did you have a bad dream? What was it about?" I ask her once she nods at having a nightmare.

"I..I was wun..wunning when a..a...man with wed eye...eyes was chasing m..me and I Fe..fell and got a b...bo..boo-boo. H..he was gon..gonna kill me..then you ca..came and told m..me to run. And the..then I woke up." She says between hiccups. I stare at her with sad eyes. She had a nightmare where she almost died. She is too young. I hear Edward running up the steps to come check on her also. Pretty soon, everyone runs up and comes to check on her.

"Is she alright Jasper. I read your mind, how can someone so young have a nightmare so bad." Edward says. I just nod my head and kept cradling her in my arms. Making sure she is safe I hand her to Rosalie for it looks like she is worried the most. Rose then coos her and takes her downstairs with Esme to see if she is hungry for she hasn't eaten dinner yet.

"She was alright, then she had the nightmare. Edward could you see what it was about. I mean can you try to see who it was." I ask him. He just looks at my face and nods his head. I turned to look at the clock on the wall and see that it half past 9:00 at night. I put my head in my hands and think about everything.

'How can I protect Aurora when I have to also train the rest if us and the wolves? Can I even be a good enough mate to keep her safe. Or safe from even me?'

Edward reads my thoughts and says,
"You will keep her safe. And you are good enough to be her mate. And you should know yourself that you will be able to keep her safe. Now let's go see how she's doing. I'll try to see what exactly happened. And if I do, I'll tell you, and head off to Bella's to tell her what happens. Okay, come on. Let's go see how your buttercup is doing." He says while saying the nickname I gave her. I swear if I could blush, I would be deeply red. Well, lets go see how she is.

♦.A/N.♦

Sorry if the chapter is sucky. I tried to come up with something good, but yeah. And by the way, the outfit on the side is what she wears in her nightmare. And also, who could that mysterious red-eyed man be? Comment if you want me to continue updating. Thanks, bye!!!