The Volturi

3rd person POV:

Today was the day. The day of the battle between the Cullen clan and the Volturi. At least the Cullens believed there won't be a fight.

The vampires decided to have a small camp the night before the battle. There were two tents. One for Renesme and the other for Aurora.

Jasper stayed with Aurora in her tent. He was afraid that this will be the last time he'll see her. He had to bring her because there was no one to watch her. Not even the wolves would.

Jasper already had a plan set in mind. If things decide to go south, he would leave with Aurora and keep her safe.

"Wake up sleeping beauty," Jasper says to a sleeping Aurora.

Aurora slowly blinks her eyes, allowing them to adjust to the light. She gives out a small yawn and stretches her stiff body.

"Is it time yet," Aurora asked.

Jasper slowly nodded. Aurora has overheard a conversation about what is to happen. She is scared that something bad is going to happen.

"Yes. Now let's get you dressed. It's cold outside and I don't want you getting sick," Jasper says as he hands her some clothes.

The tent opens and Tanya steps in.

"I could help her dress if you want. I don't mind," she tells him.

"Thank you. I'll be outside princess. Okay," Jasper tells Aurora.

"Okay," Aurora says.

Jasper steps out of the tent and stands in front of it. Tanya moves her body closer to Aurora and helps her dress.

"Will everything be okay Tanya," Aurora asks her.

Tanya had been helping get her shoes on when she asked this. Tanya has stopped what she was doing and looked up at the small girl.

"I don't know small one. But I do know is Jasper will protect you," Tanya said.

"Okay. I believe you. Thank you for helping me get ready," Aurora tells Tanya.

Tanya is surprised by the hug that she gets from Aurora. She knew then in her mind that she will protect this young child as well.

Aurora released Tanya from the hug and stepped out and saw Jasper.

Jasper had heard the entire conversation and smiled at his young mate.

"You ready," he asks her.

"Yes sir," Aurora giggles.

Jasper chuckles at her excited ness and picks her up. The company we're going to run to the area where they were to wait for the Volturi.

Upon arriving, each group split off into their own. Families stayed with one another, mates stayed with each other.

Aurora was saddened that Rosalie was not with her. She sighed and clutched Jasper'a hand.

A few minutes have passed when finally the Volturi arrived on the other side.

The two wolf packs had slowly creeped in, causing the Volturi to stop moving.

Aurora has not bothered to listen to anything, knowing this wasn't about her. But her attention was caught when Aro had mentioned her.

"And what if the young human? She knows I presume," Aro stayed as he watched the small girl cling onto Jasper.

"She does not know the truth yet. We had decided to wait until she had matured to tell her," Carlisle answered.