Chapter 3

I was thrilled to find out you would be going to the same Middle School as me.

When we got there, many of the kids from our last school were there. It was no surprise that things have not changed. I was still not liked. And now by even a bigger population. 

You, you were still liked. And now by even a more population. A population that didn't like me.

I remembered when I overheard your conversation with your douche bag friends. 

"She's so weird bro." One of them said. "And so annoying."

"Yeah, and look at her skin. Its like the same color of  those oil spills." Another said. 

"Her hair is ugly too." The first one said. "And she's so not cool. All she does is walk around with those messed up clothes she always wear. She's so ugly and tomboyish. She needs plastic surgery." Laughter followed his stupid words.

It's funny they were talking about me, they didn't even know me. Nor did I know them. Although tears were flowing to my cheek, I wanted to stay and hear what you had to say.

"What you guys just said was messed up." You told them, and I heard a firmness I've never used by you before. "She's one of the best person I've known in my life. She's fun to hang with. If you actually got to know her, you would realize that. And she's my best friend, so don't talk about her like that."

My heart warmed up inside and I couldn't help but let a smile overtake my lips. I realized something that day.

You were my best friend. And the best friend I would ever have.