So We Meet: Her Beta Chapter 3

Chapter 3: So We Meet

"Lilith. Lilith?" A familiar voice spoke as they walked through the front door of my home. They placed their coat on a coat hook near the door and removed their insolated, three-inch heeled boots. They walked further into the house, going first to the living room and looking around, searching for any sign of another person. They walked to the kitchen, opening the fridge and pulling out a bottled water. Then they proceeded to walk through the hall, searching.

They climbed the stairs when the ground floor revealed nothing. They searched the rooms on the second floor, growing irritated when they couldn't find what they were looking for. They finally walked into the master bedroom and removed the dress that they were wearing. They proceeded to grab clothes before entering the master bathroom and further stripping out of their clothes. They turned the shower on and climbed in. The feeling of the warm water cascading down the full length of their body was relaxing. They quickly washed themselves with body soap and then body wash for a smoother feeling. Shampoo that smelled like lavender and conditioner that smelled like coconut were applied to their long, naturally auburn hair slowly.

Once both the shampoo and conditioner were washed out, they proceeded to climb out of the shower and dry off. They dressed in a tank top, t-shirt, giant hoodie, and warm sweatpants. They brushed through their damp, tangled hair until all of the knots were out. They pulled their hair up into a bun before they put on a pair of fuzzy pink socks. They got up with a frustrated sigh.

"I thought I've told you that we can't go to bed angry. Actually I know I've always taught you that. So we need to talk about this right now." The voice spoke again, a frustrated tone evident and increasing with each word. They stood outside a normal brown bedroom door with a few posters taped to the front of it. Their frustration continued to increase along with their anger. Their anger began to boil even hotter despite the deep breathes they were taking to try to calm themselves down. Finally their anger could not be contained. "Lilith Alux Danes, you get your ass out here right this moment young lady! I will not ask you again!" They shouted, their anger practically searing their skin with its intensity.

"Lilith Alux Danes, now means now!" They shouted after a few moments of nothing happening. They forced the door open and stomped in. They searched around the room angrily, checking under the covers. They immediately got angrier as they stomped their feet hard enough to hurt to the closet. They slammed the closet door open, prepared to scream in anger until they noticed that no one sat in the closet. The only thing occupying the closet was a few formal dresses, a few special outfits, old sweatshirts, a few pairs of shoes, and a few old stuffed animals. But the person that they were searching for was not in that closet.

That was when the panic began to set in. It caused an uncomfortable twist in their gut. They immediately ran from the room. "Lilith! Lilith! Lilith! Sweetheart! Lilith!" The familiar voice screamed as they ran throughout the house in a panic, hoping that they would find who they were looking for somewhere ignoring everything that was going on in the house. They repeated to scream as they rushed down the stairs, their screams increasing with each moment that passed without any luck.

They stopped in the living room and closed their eyes, they took a deep breath and focused on the scent of the person they were searching for. They followed the scent to the front door. They snapped their eyes open. They quickly slammed the front door open running out into the heavily snowing night. They tried to think about which way the person would have begun to run in. They sprang into their wolf form, a form they were so used to shifting into that it no longer felt like anything. They took off, their large paws pounding into the snow as they raced to locate the one they had lost.