Her Beta Chapter 5: Small Showdown

Chapter 5:

I could smell Oliver approaching quickly. I had arrived in the room a few minutes ago, and now I was merely sitting on the bed waiting for someone to walk through the door. I could hear that three additional sets of footfalls were following behind the hurried steps of my mate. I tilted my head and watched the door. I heard three of the four sets of footfalls stop in front of the door.

Oliver was the one to open the door and look at me. His expression showed that he was curious, yet happy to see me sitting on the bed. He carefully walked into the room as if he moved too quickly and I would bolt out of here. But it was click clack of heels that hurt my ears as Brittany walked into the room. I watched as she ignored everyone, pushing Audra rudely out of the way, and moved to Oliver, grabbing his arm again.

Her attention then made its way to the bed. She looked at me with distaste before she began to speak in her earsplitting, high-pitched, squeaky voice. "Look little slut, I understand you live for seducing the male species, but Oliver isn't interested in your ugly ass. You're going to have to go find some other high-ranking wolf to do you because Oliver is taken. I'm sure you can find someone, just ask the amazing Luna to help you find someone to screw." She said letting go of Oliver's arm and looking at me with hands on her hips. She smirked at her subtle insult.

I looked down for a second, making my quick decision. I look up at her as I hop off of the bed, never breaking eye contact, before I move as if I am going to walk around her and out of the room. But the minute I get a step past her, I grab her arm and shove it behind her back as far as I can get it without breaking it and shove her to her knees where I put pressure on her arm making her lean forward. I don't hesitate putting my knee on top of her leaning figure and put my weight on it. She tries to fight me off, but I push down harder on her and she stops with a cry of slight pain.

I move my head to be closer to her ear so that she catches my every word. "I'm glad that you can give yourself advice. I'm glad that you can figure out what you need to do for yourself seeing as Oliver has a mate, and you have no chance whatsoever of being with him." I say clearly. I know that everyone is watching with wide eyes and that they can hear my every word, but I don't care. I continue, "I honestly don't give a care in the world if you decide to call me names. I don't care if you spread terrible rumors about me at all after this. But you do not say such a horrid thing about your Luna. She is the mate of the alpha whether you and your little group of whores like it or not. You have no right to say such wrong and inexcusable things about your alpha female. If I ever hear anything like that again from you, you will be begging me not to break ever little bone in your body. Do I make myself clear?"

Brittany just whimpers in pain before nodding her head of bleach blonde hair frantically. I let out a deep breath before getting off of her. She sits there for a second before limply getting to her feet. She looks at me with a glare. "Don't worry, I'll make sure everyone knows that you're a slut that's trying to steal my mate, Oliver, from me. I'll make sure that everyone knows that you're just as much a willing slut as the girl pretending to be our Luna." Brittany whispered disgustedly.

She was falling to the floor knocked out the next second. My chest was moving with the force of my anger as I watched her lie on the ground. You could hear the grinding of my teeth, and I could feel the silvery blue invade as my wolf's eyes began to show themselves. Oliver immediately grabbed my right hand, the sparks igniting between our hands, looking it over to make sure that it was okay after the punch that I just threw.

"Are you okay?! Does your hand hurt too much?" Oliver fretted as he undid my finger from a fist and looked over my hand more thoroughly. I moved my gaze to him and felt my whole body begin to relax. My eyes went back to their normal color of swirling blue-green. I looked at his worried face and titled my head. He looked at me and sighed. "I thought I told you to stop doing that. You're too cute when you tilt your head like that." He said with a fake scowl on his face.