Uh-Oh: Her Beta Chapter 14

A/N: I have an important question at the end of this chapter, so please read the bolded ending note and give me your opinion to the question. Thank you! Happy reading!

******

Chapter 14:

"Mom?!" I shrieked in surprise.

I looked wide eyed at the woman who'd raised me all my life as she stood in the doorway. It was when something moved closer to my mother that I became mortified. "Katherine, what's going on?" An older yet handsome man asked as he moved to my mother. He put his arms around her waist affectionately as he looked at her in concern. It was then his gaze moved to look into the room that I knew without a doubt whom he was.

"What's going on is that I smelled our daughter, Nathaniel." My mother spoke still looking at me. My eyes widened exponentially as I looked between the two. He looked so much better in person. He was even more handsome compared to the image of him from my mother's memories that I had seen and learned about him from. And his voice sounded so much more musical than all the times that I'd heard it in my head all these years. "Nathaniel, this is our daughter, Lilith Alux." My mother introduced never taking her eyes off of my face.

His eyes immediately moved to look at me with surprise. I immediately felt even more mortified because the father I have always dreamt of meeting's first impression of me was me half-naked on a bed with my half-naked mate inches away from me in a dimly lit room. It was the moment that his eyes marginally over that the look of surprise and wonder changed to a slow boiling rage. I cast a small glance to Oliver to see that he was wide-eyed and looking at the both of them. I watched as my father began to go for Oliver and Oliver immediately tensed as if to protect me. He held his body almost completely over mine, keeping my body from my parents' eyes.

"Who the hell are you?!" My father's angry voice rang out as he headed toward my mate. I wanted to push myself up to be a barrier between my father and my mate, but Oliver would not budge even slightly. But his tone almost caused me to growl at the man that I'd dreamed of meeting ever since I could remember; the man that had helped conceive me. But I was beat to it.

"Beta Oliver Lakes of Onyx Pack. Born second son to the late Alpha Robert Lakes of Onyx Pack." Oliver growled out in response to his question. My father's eyes moved between the two of us. I could see the anger still boiling in his eyes. "Lilith is my mate and Beta female of the Onyx Pack." Oliver continued with a glare upon my father still. He was a male wolf that felt another male was challenging to go near his female to take her; his wolf instincts told him to not hold back against this threat despite the other male being my father.

I softly placed my hands upon Oliver's cheeks and turned his head toward me. When his eyes met mine, the glare disappeared completely, and his eyes showed only love to me. I smiled softly to him, hoping it would relax him. Oliver leaned down to kiss my cheek lingeringly before slowly sitting up still holding me. I turned to look at my parents.

I watched as my father began to relax slightly upon seeing that I was alright. I also felt as Oliver relaxed the longer he held me still with him. "How about the two of us dress and then we can all discuss things somewhere else." I negotiated. My father nodded before moving back to the doorway where he grabbed onto my mother's hand lightly and pulled the door shut behind him.

I jumped off of the bed before grabbing Oliver's hand and pulling him up with me. Oliver and I immediately began to dress back into our clothes. When we'd dressed at least enough as neither of us were in our underwear anymore, we walked hand-in-hand out into the hallway. We followed my parents as they moved to the stairs and up to the floor set for the Alpha family. I didn't question it; I just followed behind them. We ended up in a roomy living room of sorts.