Simple Day: Her Beta Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Another two weeks has already gone by an Elliot and Adam had left. Apparently the Alpha of their pack had called them back because Adam was only the son of the actual third in command, and this was his test of responsibility. Elliot and I had a very emotional good-bye where he made me promise that I would come visit within a week or two, and that was a week ago.

Vane told Oliver and I that he would like it if we would be willing to go to Elliot's pack in the next few days because the Alpha couldn't extend Adam's stay here, but he still wanted to discuss some new issues that had come up recently for his pack with us. Vane and Oliver were setting up all the details for our trip while Audra and I were packing whatever Oliver and I would need for our three day stay there in her and Vane's room. We were to arrive there and settle in the first day. Then we would spend the second day with Oliver discussing the new issues with the Alpha while I was free to wander around and explore. The final day we would both meet with the Alpha and get anything final out of the way.

Oliver and I were to leave tomorrow in our wolf forms due to the fact that all roads were snowed over and there were no real roads leading between the two packs. Either way, I was excited because I haven't gotten to run in wolf form for a very long time, and I would be able to run with Oliver.

"You know, I'm surprised you and Oliver haven't slept together yet." Audra suddenly spoke as she placed my clothes neatly into the duffle bag I was going to be using for the trip.

"Why is it surprising?" I asked as my cheeks lightly warmed to a pink color.

"It's surprising because mates normally get in between the sheets as soon as they can once they've found each other. Vane and I didn't because I was terrified of men. The rumors around here about me aren't true at all, I was never part of some rogue group or a toy for men to play with. My dad was extremely abusive and a drunk. He used to make me sit on his buddies' laps as they watched games, and they used to try to touch me, but nothing aside from that ever happened." Audra explained. I just looked at her in disbelief; how could someone so kind and beautiful ever have to go through that? "I ran away and became a rogue when I was fourteen. Finally a few years later, I ran into Vane and he protected me. He made me see that not all men are as terrible as my father and his friends had been. So that's why we spent so long not having sex. But I've got to admit that it's pretty amazing when you're doing it with the right person and the right way." She spoke finally looking at me with a sideways smile.

My cheeks just turned even redder at her last statement. She just chuckled at my expense. "Good for you and Vane, but Oliver and I haven't had the time or the right moment to instigate being together like that. I mean, we've come slightly close to mating for the first time, but we always get interrupted by someone or something. The first time we were interrupted by Elliot and Adam needing to leave, and my need to say good-bye to my best friend. The next time we were interrupted by you and Vane because Vane needed to tell us that we were going to go on this trip. And we haven't had any other times since then." I tell her in honesty. She just nods her head in acknowledgement.

"Well, maybe you'll have a chance while you're on your trip. Or you'll both find a chance after your trip once you've informed Vane and I about what the Alpha would like to speak about with us. I'm sure that you'll have a chance soon. I just know that you will." Audra says with a smile. I sigh and smile back at her. We sit for less than a minute when the color seems to drain slightly from Audra's face before she sprints to the nearest bathroom. I followed worriedly after her. When she reaches the toilet, she begins to throw-up and I'm forced to cover my nose to stop myself from ingesting the smell.