Her Beta Chapter 7: The Bestie

Chapter 7:

As I looked into the mirror above the sink, I shook my head at the pale girl in the mirror. I moved my hand to push my hair out of my eyes, the ends of my bangs almost beginning to brush my lashes while the rest of my hair stuck out in some places. I moved my gaze away from the mirror again and began to pull on the clothes I'd chosen.

The sweatpants were comfortable, but I had to tie the strings really tight to keep them up and the ends covered my feet completely. The shirt was a short dress on me, but it was completely comfy. I slowly opened the door and peeked out to see that Oliver was sitting on the bed scowling still. I opened the door further before running out and jumping onto the bed. I moved to my knees and crawled over to Oliver.

I sat back on my feet behind Oliver until I decided he needed my comfort. I moved up onto my knees and slowly, cautiously put my arms around Oliver's shoulders. He tensed for a moment before he relaxed back into me. I just held onto him, taking comfort in the warmth that he was emitting.

I moved my head to rest against the back of his head. I cautiously placed a light kiss on the back of his neck. I could feel Oliver smile as he relaxed even more into me. The image of his smile in my mind making me unconsciously smile softly. "I know that you were probably expecting your mate to run into your arms as you suddenly pulled her closer into you and kissed her. And I know that that's not what I've done or what I plan on doing any time soon, but you should know that I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon." I whispered against the back of his neck. He could feel the deep breathe he took as I spoke with my own fanning the back of his neck. "I've only been here for a few hours, I assume, but I'll admit I'm quite comfortable here."

His hands moved to hold lightly onto my arms still loosely laying around his neck. His thumbs began to rub softly on the skin of my arms as sparks pricked my skin following his fingers and laying between our skins where it touched. "Good because I'm not going to be letting you go anywhere anytime soon. I barely know you, but I know that you are quickly becoming everything to me, and I'll never let that go." Oliver promised as turned his head towards me. I moved back a little so that I could see his face better. He just smiled. "Let's get to bed. We've got to greet another pack's third-in-command and his mate tomorrow." Oliver sighed as he moved off of the bed.

I continued to kneel on the bed watching him as he pulled the covers back. He stepped away and smiled at me. He overdramatically gestured for me to climb under the covers he'd pulled back. I laughed softly at his playfulness before climbing in and curling up onto my side. I felt as the bed dipped, the blankets moved into place, and Oliver's warm arm slowly moved to hold my waist. I smiled before closing my eyes and falling fast asleep.

*~*

I was the first to wake up, and I quickly slipped out of bed, smiling lightly when I looked back at a sound asleep Oliver. I quietly slipped into the hall and found my way to Vane and Audra's room. I softly knocked on the door and waited a few moments until the door slowly opened for me to see an awake Audra. I smiled as I looked at her.

"I have nothing to wear besides the clothes from yesterday. So I was wondering if you would let me borrow something for today or as long as it takes for me to get my own stuff." I whispered with a small smile at her. She lightly laughed before holding her finger up, indicating for me to hold on for a second.

I waited in the hall quietly before Audra came out into the hall again. She smiled as she quietly shut her room door behind her and stood in the hallway with me. "Here is a winter dress with warm leggings for you to wear. We have to look slightly fancy for the guests coming here today. Oliver still sleeping?" She whispered as she handed me the thick, knitted, teal and black dress and a pair of black leggings. I just nodded my head in response. She smiled. "So is Vane. Those boys need to remember that the alpha that is sending his third here is very big on early arrival. Vane says late afternoon, but Alpha James will likely have his third-in-command arrive around noon. So you go get dressed and wake up your mate as I wake up mine." She spoke with a laughing smile on her face. I couldn't help, but smile with her.