Chapter 17: Crown

31st October 2007

There was a large outdoor fighting-arena inside the Fire Kingdom, resembling The Colosseum, so the fight to gain or keep the crown was held there.  It had been decided that the fight had no rules whatsoever, apart from the fact that the Fire People (all of which were sat watching the event) were not allowed to join in.

It was a fight to determine if Magma would stay, or if Flame would take her place as the Fire Queen - naturally, it had to be between just the two of them.

Magma made the first move: balling up fire in both hands and shooting at directly at the little girl. Flame dodged easily, then began to run at Magma - jumping from left to right in an unpredictable fashion, before skidding underneath her legs and tackling her to the ground from behind.

The Fire Queen growled in frustration, struggling under the grip of the twelve year old, who had grabbed hold of her arms and pulled them behind her back to the point where it became painful.

Then, with one hand, Flame pushed down on Magma's right shoulder blade -having figured out that her right hand was the dominant one- whilst still pulling her arm behind her back. As her shoulder popped out of place, Magma let out a cry of pain as well as several curse words.

Flame then stood up and took a few steps back, cracking her knuckles while keeping her eyes locked on her target. Magma got up, popping her shoulder back into place. The Fire Queen glared at the little girl.

"I'm going to enjoy hearing you begging for me to spare your life..." Magma muttered, balling her hands into fists and raising them for a fist-fight.

Flame did the same, facing her opponent sideways with her non-dominant side towards Magma. She made sure to keep the weight on her back leg, and keep her non-dominant hand close to her eye and her dominant hand to her chin, her arms tucked into her body.

Magma threw the first punch, which Flame ducked under easily and knocked her upside the jaw with her elbow before resuming her previous position and then punched Magma directly in the throat as hard as she possibly could.

The Fire Queen stumbled back, her hands moving to her throat as she gasped for air. Flame quickly moved in: swiftly kicking Magma in the abdomen to wind her. She fell to the floor, still gasping for air but completely defenseless, her hands on her abdomen. Then, Flame put her foot down on Magma's neck and began to apply pressure.

"Give up..." Flame glared down at the Fire Queen. "Or I'll do worse..."

"How the hell... are you... so fast?" Magma gasped. "I couldn't even... land a... hit... on you..."

"I'm small." Flame replied, noticing that Magma had begun to move one hand away from her abdomen, slowly towards Flame's ankle. She stomped on her wrist. Hard. Until she felt the bone crack.

Magma winced in pain, squeezing her eyes shut. "God...It hurts..."

The Fire Queen knew she wouldn't be able to win. She was severely winded, and the wrist on her dominant hand had been broken. She didn't stand a chance, and she knew it.

Nobody, not even in battle, had been able to do this much to her.

But this twelve year old girl, who seemingly came from nowhere with no warning, had knocked her down twice in the space of less than ten minutes...

"I give up... You... You win..." Magma sighed.

Flame removed her foot from Magma's throat and stepped back, watching as the now ex-Fire Queen coughed up blood onto the ground and stumbled to her feet. Magma removed the crown from her head and placed it upon Flame's.

Phoenix, as well as the rest of the Fire People who were spectators to the fight, began to cheer happily. The fire boy jumped out from the stands and ran to Flame, hugging her tight and beaming with joy.

"You were amazing, Flame!" Phoenix grinned. "You kicked her ass!"

"Thank you, Phoenix..." Flame smiled at him, but then switched her focus to Magma. "As agreed, you've given me the crown, but since Phoenix is King alongside me, he needs one too. Do you still have Blaze's?"

"Of course..." Magma muttered, having finally recovered. "It's in the Fire Castle. Ask Kate, she'll tell you where it is."

The ex-Fire Queen walked away, out of the Fire Kingdom, and didn't look back once.

Before any sort of celebration could begin, the body of the dead boy beside the whipping post was properly cleaned and buried close to his family's home, and was given a proper gravestone. Phoenix was given the crown, and the basement of the Fire Castle was checked out.

There were people down there. People that Magma had been torturing. People who had gone missing, and had been gone for quite some time. And, sadly, there were dead bodies, too.

The dead were buried.

The people who couldn't be helped and were suffering were allowed euthanasia to relieve their pain. They were buried.

The people who could be helped were taken into hospital and given whatever medical care they needed in order to make a full recovery.

Fire People did not deal in money. They looked out for their own kind as well as others without seeking anything in return.

When everything that needed to be taken care of was done, the whole Kingdom celebrated their new rulers. With Magma gone, and the truth behind some of the happenings in her reign out in the open, the Fire People were relieved and appreciated Flame and Phoenix's honesty, their bravery and their determination.

The new Fire Queen and King vowed to never keep secrets from the Fire Kingdom. They told them about their pasts, and the whole Fire Kingdom loved them. Flame and Phoenix took care of them all, and they all took care of Flame and Phoenix.

For a while, everything was great...

----------

2 Chapters in one day? Damn right.

Will I make it to 3 Chapters in one day?

We shall see.

Comment and Vote if you like!

Share and Follow if you really like!

See ya later, my little demons!

-F (admin)