Chapter 25: Marshall

31st October 2012

The Fire Kingdom had been completely repaired, and the dead had been buried. The children who had lost parents had been allowed to move in with married couples who couldn't have children, or with elderly people to keep them company and so that they could look after one another.

Ever since the war had ended, on the same day every year, the kingdom had decided to have a festival celebrating the victory and remembering the deceased.

None of the Fire People despised Flame for killing Blackout. Nobody blamed her, or thought that she had been the one to cause the war. They had figured that it was only a matter of time until another war broke out, and they were grateful to the royalty for ending it as quickly as they did.

Kate and Lacey made it out completely unharmed, which Flame and Phoenix were thankful for, as no Under-Realm citizen managed to get inside the castle.

News of the war had spread all the way to a place called the Underworld, which was completely different to the Under-Realm despite the name sounding somewhat similar. As far as the Fire Kingdom knew, the Underworld wouldn't ever want to start a war against the Fire Kingdom.

Flame Ash Burned, especially, was a very popular topic among the men in the Underworld.

For the past year, Jaws had been living in the Fire Castle with Flame and Phoenix, and fortunately for him, he had managed to reunite with his brother. His brother, Marshall, came around to the Fire Castle most days, and for the past eight months, he had been in a relationship with Flame.

Now, though things were going quite smoothly for the couple, there were some things that put Flame off a bit.

The first of these things was that Marshall was constantly trying to get her to have sex with him, and Flame had been telling him countless times that she didn't want to have sex with anybody until she got engaged or married.

Not because she was religious or anything - she wasn't at all - but because she didn't want to have her first time with someone who she might not be with forever. She wanted to have her first time with someone who decided they were ready to commit to loving her for the rest of their life...

The second of the things was that Marshall would always be very... touchy towards her in front of his friends. In front of anybody, really. As in, he'd somehow always find a way to put his hand on her ass or in the back pocket of her shorts, or brag about how hot she was whilst hugging her from behind/ groping her boobs, or run his hands down her body to feel her curves.

It wasn't that she hated him doing that completely. It was just that it was embarrassing for her to be groped in front of her friends, and his friends - whom she didn't know at all.

She did love Marshall, and he was the first person whom she had been in a proper, non-abusive relationship with.

It was her 17th Birthday, so Flame and her boyfriend were cuddling on the couch, watching a romantic comedy on the TV. It was late at night, sometime before midnight, and so only the light of the TV lit up the room.

She was lying with her head resting on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. Her wild fiery hair cascaded all the way down her back in thick waves, reaching her hips. Marshall played with a length of her hair with one hand, twirling it around his fingers, and his other hand moved towards her ass.

"Marshall, please can we go five minutes without you trying to touch me like that?" Flame asked wearily, rubbing her tired eyes as she looked at her boyfriend.

"There's nobody else around, so what's the problem?" He questioned. "Flame, we're dating. You should get used to this. It's not like I'm just not gonna touch you."

Flame sighed. "I know, but you do it all the time - in front of people, too - and it's... I don't know... It's embarrassing."

"What's your problem with me touching you in front of people?" He questioned again. "I like letting people know that you're all mine. That I'm the only one who's allowed to have my hands all over your delicious-looking body..."

"Maybe the problem is that I have some fucking self-respect and don't appreciate having my boobs and ass grabbed in front of people!" Flame snapped at him.

Marshall's dark brown eyes narrowed slightly, then he sighed. "Are you on your period or something, babe? You're always like this when you're on your period."

Flame stood up. She had gotten tired of his attitude, and wasn't in the mood to argue with him.

"You're so fucking rude, Marshall." She told him, before exiting the room and storming upstairs to her bedroom.

She slammed her bedroom door shut with a loud bang, and jumped onto her bed, curling up into a ball and hugging her pillow. It was close to ten minutes before she heard him walking up the stairs.

"Alright, Flame..." Marshall sighed, opening her bedroom door and leaning against the door frame. "I'm sorry. I was being a jackass."

Flame groaned into her pillow. "You always say that, Marshall. I've told you so many times that I don't like it when you try to feel me up in front of people constantly, but you still do it. Then you always ask why I have a problem with it, then I get so damn frustrated because you never seem to understand how embarrassing it is even though I keep explaining why, so I snap at you, we argue, and this always ends up happening..."

"I'm sorry..." Marshall walked over and sat on the edge of her bed. "I'm dumb."

"You're not dumb..." Flame told him, her voice quietening. "You just do things that piss me off sometimes... But you're not a bad person, so I can forgive you for it."

He laid down beside her, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist and making sure he didn't move his hands any lower. "I love you, you know that, right?"

Flame nodded, snuggling closer to him and allowing her body heat to warm him up. She moved his dark brown hair out of his face and kissed his forehead. "I love you too..." She stroked his hair lovingly. "Promise me you'll never cheat on me..."

"I promise, Flame. I'll never cheat on you..."

----------

3 chapters in a day? Damn right.

Comment and Vote if you like!

Share and Follow if you really like!

See ya later, my little demons!

-F (admin)