6. I'm not gay

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." John replied. Sherlock nodded, drawing deeply on his cigarette. John knew Sherlock wasn't going to let the conversation going. So he continued by himself, wanting to know more about this mysterious man.

"Who's the man from outside?" John asked with interest. Sherlock shot him a stern look, frowning at the smaller man. People normally don't show interest in anything he did. And then there wasJohn Watson asking him information about the scene from earlier.

"Lestrade. An annoying prat." Sherlock muttered. John rolled with his eyes, laughing quietly as Sherlock called someone else a prat while he was the biggest one. Sherlock frowned even more at this.

"He's a cop?" John asked, licking his bottom lip.

"Detective inspector." Sherlock said coldly as he was looking at a woman walking with her dog.

"What was he doing here?" John inquired. Sherlock sighed deeply.

"Do you always ask so many questions?" He spat, staring at John, pulling his eyebrows together, causing wrinkles to appear above his nose.

"No." John replied quite firmly, folding his arms over his belly. Sherlock sighed.

"He was here for me. I don't work here, I'm here for a case." The curled haired man said.

"A case?" John asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes a case. Please do keep up." Sherlock muttered. John rolled with his eyes once again. "I'm working on this case for months. I've been observing here at first. But I needed interaction with whoever I had to catch. That's why I'm wearing these ridiculous clothes." Sherlock grunted pointing at his work suit. John was glaring at Sherlock with enthusiasm. "That's why I told you about your weapon. If the suspect saw you with it. He'd panic and come in action."

"A murderer then?" John asked, feeling excited about this.

"Yes. I'm close to find out who. Then I finally can leave this sick place." Sherlock pointed out, leaning his back against the wall. John chuckled, totally agreeing with the last part.

"It is." He agreed, smiling as he stared at the restaurant before returning his attention back on Sherlock, who barely made eye contact with John during the conversation.

"You don't have to come here." Sherlock said simply, raising an eyebrow. John pursed his lips together.

"I don't know why I keep returning. But I kinda like it here. Even though it's getting tiresome." John informed.

"Then just stop wasting time on women. Use your free time useful." Sherlock said before drawing deeply on his cigarette again.

"I'm sick of being alone." John blurted out. He didn't want to say this. But it left his lips before he could stop it.

"And wasting all your money on women helps?" Sherlock asked, a smile lingering on his lips.

"If it helps finding someone, then yes." John said with a frown. Sherlock sighed heavily and pushed his cigarette in the ashtray. He began walking to the door, past John who was following the figure of Mr Holmes with his eyes narrowed. Was he leaving? Sherlock turned his head and locked his eyes with Johns.

"You will not find the perfect woman here. Did you even think about why you never find someone?" Sherlock said simply. John cocked his head to one side, eyes curious.

"Why?" John asked, curious about what the other had to say. He didn't know the reasoning by himself so he'd love to hear this.

"Because you're not into women. You're gay." Sherlock said firmly. John's yaw dropped. Was he hearing this right?

"I'm not gay." He said spluttered, confused about this.

"I'm not necessarily implying that you are gay. There's a whole spectrum. You could be gay, pansexual or bisexual" Sherlock shrugged. John growled softly, closing his eyes before speaking up.

"No. I'm not any of those things, I don't know how you came to that conclusion. You don't know me. You're wrong, really wrong." John defended taking a step backwards. He had been thinking about it before. That this was the reason why he never liked women in a romantic way. But then he never really found males attractive. He looked up at Sherlock, frowning, anger boiling inside of him. Well he had to admit, Sherlock was an attractive man, with his dark curls that fell perfectly no matter what and stood out against the pale skin, and his blue eyes that were so pale when in the right light they looked white and those high cheekbones.

He didn't know what to think about it. But he refused to say that he was gay.

"Then why did you never succeed a date?" Sherlock asked grinning. Sherlock was new at being a waiter here. But he sat in the restaurant for months, observing everyone. And of course John as well. He found it amusing to observe John, who was always returning with another date. He one time saw John getting a 'shower' in the restaurant. A women had thrown her glass red wine over John's head.

Following John was something interesting and fun to do in the restaurant. It kept him busy while searching for the murderer.

"You can't just stand here and inform me that I'm gay." John said, his voice raising in anger.

"You know that I am right." Sherlock replied, grinning.

"This was a wrong idea to talk to you." John growled and turned on his heels. He almost stumbled down the steps, cursing when he almost landed flat on his face. He didn't look over his shoulder to see if Sherlock saw this. He hoped that he went inside already.

John stopped at the nearest streetlamp. He stood still for a moment and thought about what Sherlock had said. Why would he know that John was gay before John would know it.

"I'm not gay."