9.Quality time

THE GAY IS ON.

Sherlock and John were walking to the pub. Sherlock watched John in his peripheral vision. He could see that John was nervous. The doctor was chewing his lip as they strode through the streets. The street lamps barely lit the area beneath them, let alone the whole road. Sherlock kept his head bowed down low as he led the way, hands stuffed in his coat. They didn't speak much on the way. In the beginning Sherlock explained John about the case he currently worked for at the restaurant. And when he was done there grew a silence between them. Nothing uncomfortable. John looked at him here and then in silent anticipation, curious about the other man. John hadn't the faintest idea about why Sherlock offered to keep him company at the gay pub.

When Sherlock reached the street from the pub, he peered over his shoulder and offered John a small smile before turning right down the road. There were lights positioned every few meters to try and ensure the visitors to the club had a safe walk.

"Is this it?" John asked, craning his neck back to look at the building.

"Yes." Sherlock replied simply, a smirk in place that John couldn't see. John followed Sherlock over to the building, guiding them through the crowds of people waiting to get in. When they entered, the casual pop roared into their ears as sensual pink lighting replaced the blaring night lights. Smell of sweat hung in the air. Mixed in with clouds of smoke drifting between the milling bodies of customers and employees. You could hear the air fill with voices, music, the scraping and crashing of chairs. John glanced around the pub, shifting uncomfortable. Sherlock snorted softly which went unnoticed by John who kept glancing around. Sherlock took hold of John's arm and dragged him forwards to a table at the window. He let go of John's arm as he began following Sherlock.

"There's no women." John stated. Sherlock shot him an odd look while pulling out his coat.

"Really John?" He said, frowning.

"Sorry." John apologized with a smile and sat down. Sherlock rolled with his eyes and sat down as well. "So what do I do?" John asked, clearing his throat.

"Nothing."  Sherlock replied simply.

"Nothing?"

"Just enjoy your night. I'm sure you'll get noticed by someone tonight." Sherlock informed, not knowing that he sort of complimented John about his looks.

"Hmm." John replied, not sure about what Sherlock had said. "I'm going after something to drink. What do you want?" John asked, standing up.

"Cola." Sherlock replied.

"Cola?"

"I don't drink, it's ruining my brain."

"That's pity then. I'm not going to drink alone." John stated and left before Sherlock could defend himself. John walked through the crowd of dancing men when suddenly someone took hold of his wrist. John frowned, turning around.

"Hey handsome. What are you doing here all alone?" The man yelled so John could hear him through the music.

"I'm not alone." He stammered, looking over his shoulder and pointed to Sherlock sitting alone in his seat. "I'm with a friend." John added. The man glanced around, his light brown hair swayed slightly as he pretended to glance at Sherlock.

"But he is not with you now, is he?" The man said, smirking at John.

"I'm straight." John stuttered, frowning.

"Yeah me too." He winked with a laugh and squeezed John's shoulder. "That's why I come here, all the time. To celebrate how straight I am."

"Just... leave me alone." John said, pushing past the man, John managed to approach the bar save and well. He leaned over the counter, hollering a bartender and sighed.

"New guy huh?" The bartender said before John could say anything.

"How did you know?" John asked confused.

"You look out of place." The bartender chuckled, scanning John with interest. "You want to order?" He asked, grinning.

"Uh yes. Two gin tonics please." John informed. The man nodded with a wink and began preparing John's order. John swallowed, scrunching his nose as he was waiting on his order. He turned around, trying to find Sherlock, but he couldn't see him through the dancing crowd. He sighed, turning around.

"Here you go." The bartender said, placing the drinks on the counter. John nodded and paid.

"Thanks." John said.

"No problem. It was my pleasure." The man said flirtatiously. John cleared his throat and turned around with a flushed face, making his way to Sherlock and hoping that he didn't jump into the man from before.

When John was past the dancing people he could see Sherlock in the distance. John slowed down his steps. Next to Sherlock, by next he meant totally leaning into him, was a short, dark-haired man who was smiling down at his prey. John stood still, eyes were now narrowed. Some part of him whispered that he shouldn't be so jealous at the scene in front of him. The man said something directly into Sherlock's ear. Sherlock replied on it, and the man smiled at whatever Sherlock had replied and flirtatiously smacked the detective's arm. John tilted his head in confusion, wondering what the two were talking about. Sherlock sat there stiffly staring up at the man.

John watched as the man leaned closer to him, still smiling that flirtatious smile. Something stirred within John's stomach at the scene. The next moment John was stomping through the crowd in their direction, pushing aside some couples that seemed glued to each other.

John's eyes grew wide in surprise as an unknown hand suddenly came into contact with his arse, squeezing it frantically before disappearing. John was pale like ice and hurried forwards to the table.

When he approached the table he placed the drinks rather loudly on the table. Sherlock was startled from John's return.

"You took your time." He quipped, shrugging the man's hand away.

"Yeah." John muttered.

"Who's this?" The man that was clinging over Sherlock's shoulder whined.

"A friend. You can go." Sherlock grumbled.

"Why? This dwarf should leave." The stranger said as his nostrils flared slightly. John frowned, his jaw dropping. Sherlock rolled with his eyes, disapproving what the stranger had said. He pushed the man away from him.

"Dwarf?" John asked confused.

"Leave." Sherlock said on the same time.

"Oh please." The man said and walked away, his eyes already fixed on someone else.

"Jesus is everyone here like this?" John growled, taking a big sip from his Gin tonic.

"What do you mean?" Sherlock asked with a soft laugh.

"It's like people are just here for sex." John pointed out. Sherlock was about to reply on John's sentence when someone stood at the table. The person leaned closer to Sherlock and spoke up.

"Want to dance handsome?" He asked flirtatiously. It was no secret to anyone who laid their eyes on Sherlock that he was an extremely attractive individual. Sherlock sighed.

"No." He said curtly.

"You're missing something." The gay man winked, trailing a finger over Sherlock's shoulder.

"He said no." John snapped.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you were taken." The man said sarcastic with annoyance and strolled away.

"Thanks." Sherlock said. John nodded. Both were taking a sip from their drinks.

"Someone squeezed my ass." John said dryly, breaking the silence. Sherlock laughed at the way John had said this. John looked up, staring in Sherlock's brilliant eyes and began chuckling as well.