8. Gay bar?

"I was right?" Sherlock asked, cocking his left eyebrow, leaning more forwards so that his elbows were resting on his own knees. The doctor pursed his lips together, not feeling comfortable talking about this. But if he had to choose a person to talk about this subject. Then it's Sherlock, since he was the one that found out that John was wasting time with failing dates.

"Not completely." John muttered, shrugging.

"Bisexual then?" Sherlock asked, wanting to know if he was right or not. Because bisexual was kind of right. And Sherlock Holmes is always right.

"For god's sake Sherlock." John groaned, placing his empty cup on the little table in front of him. He took a deep breath before speaking up again. "I don't know what I am." He began. "I don't feel attracted to women, I can't love them in a romantic way and I probably never will. I'm trying to figure out my feelings for years. I've been dating women before. It felt like we were just close friends. I don't know if I'm gay because I never dated a man before." He sighed. "I never felt attracted to someone before so how do I know what I am." John said, sounding desperate.

"Then try it." Sherlock said calmly.

"I... don't know." John said. There was a silence. John looked up from his lap and saw Sherlock staring at him with his full attention. He sighed before continuing. "I can't walk out the street and start asking men out. That's not how it works. I don't know if they are gay. It's not like it's written on their face."

"You don't have to ask someone out on the street." Sherlock said simply.

"Then how?" John questioned.

"There's a gay bar not far away." Sherlock informed.

"I'm not going to a gay bar." John said in a defensive tone.

"It's the only option."

"I don't know..." John muttered, looking away from Sherlock.

"I can come with you if you want." Sherlock offered. "I'm bored, I might shoot the wall again if I don't find a good distraction."

"Shoot the wall?" John asked with his mouth wide open. When Sherlock didn't really reply he shook his head and continued. "Maybe I can try-"

"Good!" Sherlock jumped upright, clasping his hands together. John frowned. "This is exciting." He said loudly, grinning broadly.

"Exciting?"

"I'll pick you up at 8 pm. I assume at the way you look at your watch that you have work. So I better leave you now. Thanks for the tea." Sherlock said as he pulled on his coat and wrapped his deep blue scarf around his pale neck.

"Wait but-" Sherlock slammed the door closed, leaving a confused John sitting in his armchair who kept sitting there for a couple minutes before he realized what had happened. He couldn't believe this but at the other hand he felt relieved that he was going to try this. He had no hopes for this. He couldn't imagine marrying a man. John sighed and stood up, refreshing himself in the bathroom before he headed to work. He had to work to 8:30 so he had no idea how he was going to escape his boss today.

**
John sat at his office, looking at his watch. In forty minutes Sherlock was going to pick him up. And he was still at his desk, not showered. John was planning to act like he was sick, so he could leave earlier. He pushed the chair backwards with his feet and stood up. He walked to Sarah her office and knocked.

"Come in." A cheery voice said. John did what she had told and pushed the door open, coughing as he opened the door. "Oh dear, are you alright John?" She asked worriedly. John shook his head, wrapping his arms around his body as in having cold.

"I feel bad." He told her. "I threw up." He muttered.

"Oh poor thing, go home, I'm done here. I will take your patients." She offered. John tried to hold in his big smile. Well that was handled quickly.

"You really want to do that for me?" He asked, coughing.

"Of course. Now go to your bed." She smiled warmly. John knew she had a crush for him. He smiled softly, nodding.

"Thank you. I owe you." He said with a last smile and swivelled around, leaving Sarah dreamily staring at him. Or at his butt. Immediately when he emerged the room, he switched to his normal being and rushed to the exit. He flagged down a cap, told the address and arrived at his apartment.

He walked into the bathroom, undressing himself. He hummed as he took off the last bit of clothing he was wearing. He opened the glass sliding door of his shower, turning the knob to the right so it can start getting warm. As John was waiting for the shower to get warm, he eased out his black boxers and placed them over the pile of the clothes that he just took off. He walked over to the shower and used his fingers to test the water's temperature.

"Hmm." John muttered.

He sighed in satisfaction when he stepped inside the now steamy shower, running his hands through his sandy hair. "I'm going to a gay bar." He mumbled to himself, still not believing that this was all real. He reached out to grab the shampoo. He squeezed the bottle. Once he had the amount that he wanted on the palm of his hand, he used to other and used it to rub the shampoo together before placing it into his hair. "I am going to a gay bar." He said once again. John turned around, leaning back against the shower's wall. He let the steamy hot water pound softly on his naked form.

When John was finished, he dried himself and pulled on his daily clothes, not thinking about wearing something nice. He had pulled on a white jumper and a jeans. He put some perfume on and emerged the bathroom, waiting on Sherlock to knock on his door. When the hour hand stood on 8 o'clock, there was a loud bang on the door. John smiled and stood up. (not knowing that he was actually smiling.) He opened the door, his jaw almost dropping as he took in the sight of Sherlock.

Sherlock looked gorgeous. He was wearing a purple shirt. It fit his frame perfectly, stretching taut against his skin, giving John a little bit of a glimpse at the lean muscles beneath. And the colour, the deep purple went so well with his pale skin. John hadn't the faintest idea at the way he was staring at Sherlock and the tickles in his tummy. He was too distracted. Sherlock actually blushed as John was staring at him. But he then frowned.

"Are you serious John?" He said annoyed by something. John shook his head, coming back to reality.

"Huh what?" He asked.

"This is a special occasion. It's the first time that you'll visit a gay bar. If you want to find someone you have to dress yourself at least nicely. Not like a sheep." He growled pushing John aside, making his way to John's bedroom.

"But I love this jumper!" John defended, following Sherlock to his bedroom.

"It's hideous. I'm not going to walk with a sheep." The detective snapped, opening the wardrobe without permission.

"This is comfortable." John frowned, looking at the way Sherlock was scanning his clothes. He picked out clothes, threw it over his shoulder when he didn't like it. John picking it up with a sigh and placed it on his bed.

"Ah this is better." Sherlock said and turned around. "It's nothing fancy but everything is better than a woolen jumper." Sherlock said. John sighed but not in agreement.

"I am going to regret this." He muttered, causing Sherlock to just smirk.

__
Sherlock and John in a gay bar? Hmm... :-)