Typical Beginnings?

I've been sitting here at the gate for about two hours now. My mom thought it'd be good to beat the traffic. At three in the morning. On a Tuesday. And our flight doesn't leave till eleven. Let's just say I'm quite irritable at the moment. I'm so ready to go home. I put in my head phones and cranked up the volume. They told me I had to stay awake and watch the bags while they last minute shop for souvenirs. The sun is just now starting to peak out from the east. Man I'm so tired. I could feel my eyes starting to close. My eyelids felt heavier by the second and before I knew it I had fallen asleep. It felt like only seconds passed before I was shaken awake by none other than my mother.

"You're lucky our bags are still here, someone could've stolen them you idiot!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, I'm just exhausted. It's been a long trip and a very early morning ma" I said as calmly as I could.

"You're in trouble when we get home" she huffed and sat across from me. My sister and step dad awkwardly just sat on either side of me. I could feel everyone else staring. I shrunk down in my seat trying to avoid the stares from strangers. My mom was huffing and cursing under her breath how much of an idiot I was. I took out my phone and saw that I had been asleep for four hours... Okay now I get why she's so upset but I thought they'd only be gone for an hour tops. At least that's what they said before... Guess not. I paused the music on my phone and took my headphone out of my ear.

"Flight 201 to LAX now boarding" I heard the flight attendant say over the psa. I stood up and watched my shoes as I sluggishly made my way to the line. At least I wouldn't have to sit with them. I pulled out my boarding pass and adjusted my beanie. I made it onto the plane and walked gingerly down the aisle towards the back where my seat was. I put my bag up in the compartment.

"Move your ass Y/N" my mom said. I quickly sat down in my seat so my family could get through. I still felt like everyone was staring and whispering about me. I put my headphones back in and cranked up the music again. A few minutes later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Lauren Jauregui followed by the rest of fifth harmony.

"Hey, can I get to my seat?" She asked. I gulped down my nerves.

"Um... I don't see why not" I smiled politely and stood up to let her in followed by Camila Cabello. I sat back down and the rest of the girls sat in the seats behind us.

"Sorry if you were standing forever, I just had my headphones in" I apologized.

"It's all good" Lauren said as she opened the slide to look out the window.

"What were you listening to?" Camila asked.

"The Internet. If you haven't heard of them you should definitely give them a listen" I said. Lauren turned and looked at me.

"Oh my god, special affair is so good though" she said enthusiastically.

"Yeah that song's great, but I'd say my favorite is probably under control" I said.

"Ooh that's a good one too" she smiled.

"Man, now I gotta hear this" Camila said.

"Wanna listen?" I asked.

"Sure" she smiled. I held out my headphones for her and she took them and I pressed play.

"So what's your name?" Lauren asked.

"I'm Y/N" I said with a smile.

"I'm Lauren" she said holding out her hand for me to shake.

"I know, I remember seeing you on X factor and stuff." I said.

"Ayyy Lauren talking to a harmonizer" Dinah joked.

"So then what's my name?"

"Normani"