Gals Being Pals Part 1

Morning passed by fairly quickly and next think I knew, Lauren showed up knocking on the door.

"Ready to go?" She asked with a slight smile playing on her lips.

"I think so," I said. I quickly patted my pockets. "Yep! Keys, wallet, phone, and I'm ready" I said stepping outside with her.

"How's your day going so far?" She asked, opening the passenger door for me.

"Thank you," I said getting in. "It's been alright" she nodded and closed my door before heading over to her side. I buckled up as she got in and did the same. "How about your morning? Did the interview go well?" I asked.

"It was alright. I mean-I love doing interviews, but it was still not great because I couldn't sleep in" she chuckled softly. "That and the fact that mila almost didn't make it to the interview..." Lauren trailed off.

"That's gotta be stressful" I said. She sighed and started driving.

"Yeah. It's understandable on occasion. All of us have had our days, but it's been more frequent for her than usual and I don't know if it's because of this thing that we have yet to really talk through or... something else." I looked over and she seemed deep in thought. "But that's not really important. Just old news" she tried laughing it off so I just went with it.

"Whatever the problem is, I'm sure it's not any of my business" I said attempting to respect her privacy.

"Well maybe we can talk about it another time, but I want to have fun and that conversation isn't very fun" she admitted. I shrugged.

"I don't mind listening. If you ever need to talk I got your back, okay?" I said. She nodded. Halsey blasted in the car and we sang our hearts out to new Americana. Okay, maybe it was more of me singing but also listening to how good Lauren's voice is. We got about halfway through the song before I gave up on singing and just stared at her in amazement. She shot a glance over at me quickly before looking back to the road.

"What?" she asked, a slight blush forming.

"Your voice is so good and it's so effortless for you" I said.

"Okay?" She chuckled a bit.

"Like especially when you start belting out the chorus where your voice isn't just chill and raspy anymore, it's like a whole new level. You get the rocker chick voice that cuts through and it sounds so amazing! Teach me your wayssssss" I rambled. She continued to laugh.

"Oh my god you're so funny" she laughed.

"I'm serious Lo!" I said. She laughed even harder.

"You're cute" she said. Now it was my turn to laugh.

"That's hilarious" I said.

"I'm just being honest" she poked my cheek. "Cute" she stated again. She focused back on the road with a smirk on her face while I blushed. She parked the car and we got out."Finally! First we're going to the food court, I'm starving" she said.

"Ooh! Food first kinda girl. I like your style, LJ" I said. She rolled her eyes.

"Keep dropping different nicknames like that and I won't be able to keep up" she joked as we started walking toward the entrance.

"Then pick one for me to stick with" I said as I held the door open.

"Babe will do" she said as she walked in. Lemme just say that I was shook. Straight... but shook. I walked in after her.

"So now to find the food court?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together before setting off toward one of the maps. She used her other hand to point to the "You are here" part then looked to find all the food places. Meanwhile I spaced out and thought about this weird feeling I was getting. Was it because she was holding my hand? I'm not gay, but maybe I'm not as straight as I thought? My face heated up at the thought of liking Lauren. My thoughts were disrupted when I felt something poke my cheek.