That'll Do

I felt the couch shift and opened my eyes to see Lauren laying her head across my lap looking up at me. "You fell asleep" she said.

"Guess I was just tired" I said as I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

"Too cute, babe" she said.

"Still lying?" I joked, but she did not find it funny. I picked up my phone and paused the music before setting it back down.

"If I didn't find you cute or attractive would I have kissed you in the parking lot?" She asked sitting up.

"Could've just done it for kicks" I said.

"You know that's not true. I think you also know that I would do it again in a heartbeat" I didn't know how to respond. Instead I just shook my head and chuckled a bit because I'm awkward as fuck.

"But-" I started.

"But nothing! You know I'm right." She added sitting up.

"Maybe the first statement I'm not sure about the second though" I said. She smirked and straddled my lap.

"Still not so sure? Or are you just wanting it to happen again?" She said raising an eyebrow. The best I could do was roll my eyes. That's when I felt her roll her hips against my lap. My face instantly heated up.

"Are you just really desperate today or something?" I said trying to be hurtful. Maybe that would be easier.

"Do you really think I'm that kind of person?" she paused looking hurt and concerned.

"No, I just-I don't know... this is so foreign to me" I admitted.

"I've got an idea" she said, getting off of my lap.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I'll back off on all the flirting for now and we just have a good time. If you want to talk then we'll talk, wanna watch a movie? I'll get the snacks. Want me to do your makeup? Okay, maybe not that one because I don't have my stuff with me right now" she said causing both of us to laugh.

"Thank you for being amazing" I said.

"Well, I happen to think that you're the one that's amazing" she said. We stared into each others eyes for a moment and I just felt peaceful.

"How about we watch a movie" I said and broke eye contact.

"Alright, what kind of movie?"

"I'm okay with pretty much anything, but horror is a no go" I said. She chuckled lightly.

"Okay, I'm in the mood for something classic" she said.

"I know just the thing..." I said.

"I'm down" she shrugged.

"I have Netflix on my laptop upstairs so let's go" I said getting up. We went upstairs and both got comfy in my bed as I set up my laptop to play the movie. As it started Lauren cuddled into my side and was resting her head on my shoulder.

"So what movie are we watch-"

"shhhh it's starting" I said.