The Whitechapel Chronicles

Category: Vampire, werewolf, paranormal
Rating: 8.5/10

Current completed stories:

Playing Dead
The Lost

Usually I don't put up these reviews/recommendations until I am finished reading all parts that are finished. Currently I have started the second part, and I just can't wait any longer to post this up, cause that's how much I am enjoying it right now. And to be honest, I had this written out and ready to go half way through the first part. I feel like I have waited long enough.

If you are looking for a paranormal romance, then don't bother. If you are sick of all the romances, and want some dark, gory, fucked up stuff to read, then continue on.

This is a series that is told from the vampire's side of a war. The first few chapters of the first book are a bit slow, and not that exciting to read, but when shit hits the fan, my God was I addicted! So as I said, if a dark story is what you are looking for, then bear with it.

While there isn't much romance, there is chemistry. There's also mature scenes, which adds to the overall feel of the story, and also to the characters. Just be warned, don't go growing attached to any "ships", cause you never know what this author is going to throw at you. Just accept it for what it is. And as I said, this is not meant to be a romantic story.

I really loved getting into the mind of the main character, and seeing how her view, thoughts, and overall personality suddenly shifts when her world is turned around, and her blinders are removed. There is so much more to this story then what you think, and it becomes even more interesting the further you dive in.

Summeries a written by the author:

Playing Dead

'I was falling. And he was going to catch me. I just knew he was.'

For Megan Walden, life is all about perfection. She's the perfect friend, the perfect wife, the perfect office dogsbody, but what happens when she makes a decision that cracks the glass protecting her perfect little world?

During a night-out in the shadow of her effervescent best friend, Megan meets Harper Cain and is instantly intrigued by the mysterious tattooed rocker-type with his trace of Bostonian accent and brooding darkness that lurks behind his smile. Knowing instinctively that she is playing with fire, and yet finding herself inexplicably drawn to the irresistible Harper, Megan embarks on a course that will destroy the foundations of her whole world and force her to question everything and everyone she has ever known.

Plunging headlong into a nightmare she cannot stop, Megan realises too late that playing away with a mysterious stranger is the least of her worries.

It's time for her perfect life to come to an end

Will Harper catch her? Or will Megan be able to save herself?

The Lost

'Whitechapel. The East End of London. Streets of tawdry degradation and grisly dark crimes of unlimited horror.....'

From the comforts of London's middle class suburbia, to taking refuge in an old abandoned asylum in Whitechapel, Megan's life has changed immeasurably since meeting the vampire, Harper Cain.

Now living with Harper, his blood brother Garrick and Garrick's gang of mercenaries, Megan finds herself at the centre of an age-old war between the vampires and their enemies, the lycan-esque Varúlfur.

Still struggling to cope with the turn her life has taken, Megan discovers that not only is she unable to escape the ghosts of her past, but she is going to have to contend with some very dark revelations about her future.

A vampire with the history of Whitechapel running through her veins she might be, but Megan will soon learn that there are far worse things to be frightened of than ghosts.