The Past...

"As i said before, my mother died when I was little, it was hard for me, but I really thought that magic will help me, but when I got adopted by Mary Lou Barebone everything changed for the worse." Angel could see it was a touchy subject "Credence, don't talk about it if it brings you pain." he just casted her a quick glance and continued: "She was a no-maj that for some reason despised the magical world. She never said why and everyone who dared to ask ended up being beaten nearly to death. "

He got really quiet. Angel wanted to ease his pain, but she had no idea how. 

"I think, I was the one she hated the most. I always got the most lashes, she was always overworking me and never appreciated my effort. She never bothered to act as if she loved me, or any of us. I was the parental figure for all the kids, but I wasn't a good one either..." he had no words how to describe everything. He loved the kids there, but now, after all of this, he couldn't go back. He did kill their abusive "mother" and as great as it sounded, they did lose their home. 

He sipped the chocolate and looked at Angel, how did he get so lucky? After one more sip he carried on. 

"That's how I grew up into this wreck; one day when I was handling the leaflets about second Salem a man approached me, at first he looked like he was enthusiastic about mother's plan and I couldn't stand being near him, but after a few days of chatting about Mary Lou's vision he finally told me everything: that he needed time to be sure I was "magical", that he was a respected officer, that I really helped him gather information about Mary Lou. I liked the man, even though his name gave me chills - Graves." 

He sounded bittersweet while talking about Percival. Did he know about him actually being Gellert? Nevertheless, they seemed to have shared a strong bond. 

"What happened between you and Graves? It sounds as if you were very close." "We were." another sip "He was just using me though... Why was I even surprised?" Angel took his hand. Even if he was fine, they both needed support. Credence's story was seriously affecting her. 

"But before that I lived for the few moments I got to spend with him. Mister Graves made me feel better, appreciated, he said that I will be able to learn magic and that consumed me. After some time he told me about his dream: an obscurial,  living with Mary Lou, who was close to me, most likely my sister," She knew some details about this story, but Angel was still shocked at how closely tied things were. "it wasn't my sister though." Now that sparked her interest. "This was his downfall, but before that he gave a necklace, made me believe he truly cared, once again, it felt magical." She felt sympathetic towards him; Graves, Grindelwald, they both knew how to gain followers. 

"Wait... you said it was his downfall? Please elaborate, I'm afraid I don't understand."

"It's quite simple indeed, he was looking for a young child and not for a grown up to be the obscurial. When he was finally sure that my sister was the one he felt the need to leave me, but what nobody - even me- knew, I was it. I was the obscurial." Angel was slightly terrified, but mostly glad he was with her. "Then you're damn powerful." she smiled. Shocking Credence. 

"You're not afraid?" he couldn't believe any of it. She just shook her head. "I killed people, mother Lou was one of them and you're not running far away from me?" "Of course I'm not, silly." Credence still couldn't believe it. 

"You know what's the worst thing? I had the chance to kill him and I didn't. When I tried I remembered the past and stopped myself..." Angel couldn't take his guilt anymore. She walked around the small table and hugged him from behind. "Shh... I'm here for you, don't beat yourself up for it." 

"If you don't want to continue, I'm pretty sure I know most of the story, but please tell me how did you survive?" he just shrugged. The bliss of not knowing some things is the best state. 

"So that's my past... The past I've never thought I'll leave where it belongs." Credence sighed and yawned. It was quite late after all. 

"Come on now, a comfy bed is awaiting you now, you'll sleep right next to my room. Shout or come straight to me if you need something." after the last hug of that day they parted into their rooms. "Goodnight." 

A/N: a filler chapter that was a tricky devil. I hope I didn't make stupid mistakes or leave important things out... But after this the story will start to grow. If you have any thoughts or suggestions please share them! I might use them, I mean... this story is perfect for it!