Things are finally happening

Credence and Angel didn't get a lot of sleep that night to say the least. Or to be fair, they didn't sleep at all. Credence just couldn't shut his eyes while he was so enthusiastic and Angel just ignored her tiredness for the man. The man who finally got a hold of his fears and awkwardness, they were both overjoyed.

Credence nailed alohomora instantly, colloportus didn't seem to be any harder so Angel didn't know what to do. They practised everything Credence already knew for a bit, but it wasn't enough. He already knew the basic spells and looked ready for more and Angel knew she should show him some transfiguration charms, but they never were her strong point. She also didn't want to show him any dangerous spells for her own safety and because she loved her apartment too much. It was baffling her and she couldn't find and answer by herself.

"Credence, let's call it a night, or what's left of it... I'll talk to the lovely sisters about you and your progress and we'll think of something or somebody who should help you. If it's fine with you, of course." Credence had no choice but to agree with the lady. They were both tired.

"Thank you so much, my angel. If it wasn't for you I'd probably be dead...Or without any knowledge about the wizarding world." Credence's words touched Angel deeply, but she just smiled. She couldn't trust her voice, but that was enough. They had built a bond strong enough for moments like this to be understood like that, without words. It was wonderful.

~~~

"--he was great yesterday! Please Tina, talk to somebody, our world needs a person like him!" In the empty corridor Angel's voice seemed very loud and demanding, but she didn't care. It was for Credence.

"I understand you, I do.., but the higher ups won't believe me! They know that he was, is the obscurus, that he is my friend, they won't trust me or worse..." Angel couldn't think of anything worse than devastated Credence. "They might want to perform test, experiments on him!" Angel changed her mind, that was way worse. But she couldn't just forget her promise to Credence, not when he had finally found his footing and drive. Angel swore she'll think of something.

While walking to her post she went through everybody she knew. The president was too strict, any other aurors wouldn't help out of fear, she thought about all her friends, but they weren't even similar to teachers. She couldn't ask her family, she began to think it was impossible, but one man came to mind. She heard great things about mister Scamander. It was worth a shot.

As soon as Angel was behind her desk she started on the letter to Newt. She couldn't wait. If she couldn't get help from her friends or colleagues she had to improvise... And by improvise she meant writing a very awkward letter to man she didn't know about a man she didn't know for a long time. Where did her simple days go?

Angel kept on checking her clock while scribing. She was nearly done by the time she would usually leave and had a short inner argument whether she should finish the letter here or at home. Home won. It was less daunting and she could discuss everything with Credence.

~~~

The day for Credence was like a rollercoaster. He was happy, afraid, concerned, angry, sad and then happy again an it would just go round and round. The loneliness and silence just heightened the emotions, he wasn't in a good shape, but when Angel got back he didn't care anymore. She had good news.

"I'll send a letter to Newt Scamander." Were her first words and Credence was glad. At least he knew the man!

And now he was reading the letter.

"Dear Newt Scamander,

At first I wanted to say hello! I hope you're having a pleasant day.

I'm sorry to announce that we have never met each other before, but we do have mutual friends. One of them is the reason why this letter exists.

But now I'll introduce myself. I am Angel, the woman with whom Credence Barebone is living right now. I know that you are probably surprised that he is alive. We all are. I am teaching Credence the basics of magic, but he needs a skilled teacher and I am hoping that you could help us.

I would tell you all the details now, but at first I would like to be sure that you want to help.

Please send me an answer soon. Have a great day,

Angel and Credence

P. S. I know you should be interested in Credence and in his post obscurus and post Percival Graves times."

The pair was happy about how the letter turned out. It was time to send it.

What they had no clue about that the letter wasn't the only thing that kind of came to life that night.

~~~

It was dark. Everything looked unfamiliar. Everything felt foreign. The person didn't know what, who they were. Or maybe weren't...

It all felt too out of place, but was there even place if you couldn't be certain that it or you exist?

The individual still couldn't grasp everything that suddenly started happening, but something just seemed to be moving deep within. Something was finally happening.

A/N: So yeah, things are indeed happening. And after a long long time I finally finished this chapter. Hope you liked it! (Even though I am not sure about more than a few places)

While I was MIA this story reached and passed quite a few important milestones and I want to thank everyone single reader for that! ❤

I still don't know where this is going, I know that it's very bad too, but I'm sensing that I'll have to put in a lot of effort! Wish me luck!