Come on

"When you said easy, how easy?" Why was Credence so worried now? Was it because of his outburst as an obscurus? "So easy that we'll only learn hand movements and 3 spells today. We'll only attempt one though." He seemed happy. 

"First lets take simple spoons or something, you'll only be learning the basic movements: swish and flick for Wingardium Leviosa and then a circle for Lumos and a wave for Nox. Here, follow me now." Angel Accioed (Was that even a word?) 2 wooden spoons for them - better to be safe than sorry. 

Standing next to him she faced him: "You'll have to say everything clearly and with a lot of confidence, following my every move perfectly." Credence looked slightly paler than before, but confident enough. 

"The first charm - levitation; you swish and flick" she showed how it was done "and say it like you hear it Wingardium Leviosa!" She was glad. The first step wasn't bad. Repeating it was boring for both of them, but only practice makes perfect. They did the same with other 2 charms. It was hard for her to decide which he should attempt. On one hand the levitation charm was probably the easiest one ever, but less possible ways to harm oneself was with the wand-lighting charm. 

"Credence, take your wand." he was like a kid on Christmas day; literally too. It was Christmas day after all. "Now say it and do the circle without the words first." From the side it looked perfectly fine, he was ready. "You seem quite confident now so we'll try it, but just promise me you won't lose faith if you fail." 

He tried once, twice, sixteen times - nothing. Well, once the tip flickered and already it was great. Angel put her hand on his shoulder, "It's fine, you managed to do something, if you are magical enough to make it flicker, you are magical enough to do it completely." Credence knew that, he was surprised something actually happened. He wasn't a squib after all, take that Mr. Graves! 

Days past and every single day Angel and Credence were working on the charms and techniques. It was the last day of the year, how great would that be if he could light his wand when the clocks strike midnight, well, that was going to happen. 

That day Credence sneaked out to the guest's room to try it out one more time and to his surprise it worked! And he needed a week; that would've sounded so long for real wizards at Ilvermorny, but his mind was set on a year or so. Credence thought it would be a great way to surprise his angel. Show her that both of their hard work was starting to pay off. 

One thing had occupied Credence's mind was the fact that Angel didn't seem to have friends, he knew that most people would have year end parties and they clearly weren't having one, but he never dared to ask. Maybe it was a touchy subject. "Something's bothering you." Credence jumped a bit, he wasn't expecting Angel to be this close or overall silent. Sneaking in on him was basically impossible. 

"How come you never have friends over?" He knew she wasn't going to kill him for this so he could as well know stuff. "I don't want you to get scared or anything, I will invite some of my friends over one day, but only after you stop getting panic attacks from just the thought of going out alone." "Fair point." 

He had no clue how much you wanted him to meet Tina and Queenie, some others too, but that will have its right time. Later. 

 ~Few minutes before midnight~ 

Angel was staring into the crowded street, she never understood the hype about that, what was so fun about a stuffy place where you could get lost or mugged? "Credence, come here, only 2 minutes!" 

He walked to her an looked very excited. "I have something I need to show you," she turned her head. He was holding his wand "Lumos!" 

It worked! The timing was nearly perfect too, what a good way to end the year! 

Angel couldn't stop staring at the wand and the man, he did it! At that moment she was as proud as a hippogriff. 

"Nox!" She jumped up to hug him. 

"Happy New Year!" Credence laughed softly. 

"Let's hope it will be... Come on, we should raise a glass of pumpkin juice to celebrate." 

A/N: A short chapter that will lead to great things in the future. 

I can't even believe this story reached and passed 500 reads, Thank you!  I couldn't even imagine reaching so much is just a span of a couple of days. I seriously love you! You are the reason why I'm still so passionate about this story. Thank you, thank you, thank you!