Wonderstruck

Jack's POV:

I slowly lift my left hand for a handshake as I gently lean on the staff in my hand.

"Hello," I say softly. "I'm Jack Frost."

She just stares at me and my outstretched, blinking.

"And you are?" I prompt.

"Oh, sorry," she gasps. She quickly takes my hand in hers and gives it a firm shake. "I'm Elsa."

I nod gently and take my hand back. I take in everything about her as we stand in silence. Her hair is a beautiful bleach blonde, almost white like my own. Her eyes shine like crystals and her lips are a beautiful blushing pink, contrasting against her pale skin.

She's beautiful.

"So are you really immortal?" She asks gently, knocking me out of my trance.

"Oh, yes," I say. "I am over 300 years old."

"Um...lucky you, you're frozen in time I guess," she mutters.

"I guess I am," I chuckle. "But it's not like I chose this life."

"Really?" She inquirers. "Then who did?"

"Man in moon," I say seriously.

I watch her face scrunch up in a gorgeous smile and she gives a melodious laugh. But it slowly fades as she catches the serious look on my face.

"Wait, you were serious?" She questions.

"Yeah, completely," I state.

"And who is that exactly?" She asks.

"Just as it sounds," I say as I go and sit on her desk.

"So there's a man in the moon?" She asks, wanting to confirm.

"Yes," I confirm. "He grants people the chance to live forever."

"Wow," She says. "Um...how do you know he's real?"

"He speaks to me sometimes," he states.

"Are you sure you aren't just crazy?" She jokes, giggling.

Is she flirting with me? God, I hope so.

"Easy," I state confidently. "Other immortals can hear him too."

"Who else is immortal?" Curiosity crossing her face as she slowly sits on the edge of her bed.

"Just to state a few," I start. " Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Sandman."

"But aren't those just mythical people used in stories for children?" She asks.

"Well, aren't I supposed to be fake as well?" I ask in retaliation.

She bursts out laughing, "That is so true."

I watch her slowly start to completely relax in front of me, her posture softening and the lines on her face slowly disappeared. She becomes more bubbly and joyful.

"Wait," she says, snapping me, once again, out of my trance. "Doesn't that mean you have powers?"

"Yes, I do," I confirm. "I control snow, frost, winds, etc. Anything that has to do with winter."

"Really?" A surprised look settling on her face.

"Why do you look shocked?" I question her.

She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out, while as taking off her gloves.

"This is why," she whispers.

And my face turns to wonder as snow spirals and swirls burst from her hands.