Babysitting

I'm really sorry for the late uploads guys, but I have a major writer's block. I'll try to make the uploads more frequent. =D

Read and enjoy! Comment, vote and fan!

****************************************************************************************************

Chapter Seventeen

I stopped for a moment to catch my breath, bending over, my hands on my knees. Breathing heavily, I squinted my eyes trying to catch just a glimpse of blonde hair, but found none.

Great, just great, I thought sarcastically, now Chase is going to hate me forever. And his mom. And his dad. And his whole family too.

I’m so stupid! I don’t even know why I agreed to babysit his sisters. The chocolate Grace promised me had better be worth it. I debated on whether or not to call them and interrupt their date. As much as the idea was appealing to me, I didn’t want to rain on their parade. It wasn’t everyday Julian was out of town and they could go out together without having to worry about him. Even though they both hated the idea of sneaking around behind his back, Grace was too afraid to tell him and Chase being the loving boyfriend he is, was willing to wait for her.

After they dropped the three little angels at my house, my dad kicked us out. Apparently it wasn’t the first time he had met them. Not that I could blame him. It also appears that he knew about Grace’s crush. After he kicked us out, I came to the conclusion that the only place I could take these little buggers to was the park. And now I know what a bad idea that was.

So now, I was busy running around the park looking for the three little blondes. I had my new phone in hand, ready to make a call if I had to. After we got back from the art show, a few nights ago, my dad talked his mouth off about how ‘irresponsible’ I was for not telling him I didn’t have anything prepared. I wanted to tell him that he was the irresponsible one for failing to mention this earlier, but decided to keep my mouth shut when he told me he had a present for me.

He had gotten me a phone, which I was glad for since mine broke earlier that day. His excuse being, ‘I can’t send my daughter to one of the best schools in the country with a cell phone that doesn’t even have a coloured screen’. Not that I was complaining or anything.

“June!” I called out. Oh, how I hated that girl, she was the mastermind behind the three. I don’t even know how Chase can handle living with them. Of course, like the other hundred times I had called her name out, there was no answer.

She had convinced me to let us play hide and seek. I told her that that was a bad idea, that someone might get lost, but she assured me that they wouldn’t go out of the play ground. So I complied. I counted to ten and when I turned around and started looking for them in the play ground, I found no one. She was so going to get it.

Regaining my breath, I continued looking for them, but this time I walked in case I had to run after the trio.

“April!”

Still no answer.

What if something had happened to them? What if they weren’t playing a mean joke on me? My palms grew sweaty just thinking about that. I had to find them. I saw an old lady sitting on one of the park benches, feeding the pigeons so I decided to ask her.

“Excuse me?” I said politely.

She looked up from the breadcrumbs she was throwing, “Hello dear, how can I help you?”

 I rubbed the back of my neck, “Um… I was wondering if you had seen three little blonde haired girls.” I don’t even know why I was asking her. There were probably a hundred blonde haired little girls in this town. I didn’t even have pictures of them.