Chapter 1

"LILIAN WAKE UP!" My mother sang.
She feels the need to obnoxiously wake me up every morning. More times than not: to do errands.
I don't know why all of the errands have to be done so early in the morning. Why is there a set time??
I guess she likes to see me sleep deprived...
I quickly hopped out of bed so she wouldn't keep hollering at me.
I shuffled out into the hallway leading to the kitchen.

"Errands...?"I asked.

"Yes. I need you to buy me some bread and eggs from Elliot's." She said handing me a couple pounds, with the usual extra.
"There's extra there so you could go to Epstein's if you'd like". She said.
"Thanks mum". I said.
I took the money and quickly ran up the stairs.
I put on a blue turtleneck and a pair of pink and blue floral shorts, and slipped on a pair of flats,leaving my red hair a frizzy mess, and ran out the door without saying goodbye, to save myself from doing more than what was already promised. It was my summer break and I was doing mums out-of-the-house work.
If mum knew how I felt, or anyone for that matter, they would call me "selfish" or my favorite ,"child-like" because my father is very sick so she needs to keep an eye out for him. I guess I would agree with mum, and everyone else.

Because of my fathers illnesses, I've been in a foul mood. But my sweet mother still puts up with me. God love her.
I put the money mum had given me in my pocket,hopped on my bike and started peddling through the water-filled potholes of the street.