Chapter 2

When I got to Elliot's market I quickly skimmed through the shelves, picking the things off of the shelves that was listed, and practically threw them onto the checkout counter.

"How's your father been doing Lil?" Mr. Elliot asked.
These days, that's all I ever hear from anyone. So it's always the same answer,

An almost over dramatized sigh and, "Not well, but better." That's a lie, not really better at all, but it helps me personally, to pretend that's how it is.
He closes his eyes, shakes his head and replies, "I'll keep your family in my thoughts."
I pick up the bag of groceries after I pay, and peddle to the record store.
-
-
"Ello there Lil." Mr. Epstein said as I burst through the door.
Mr. Epstein is one of my favorite people on earth.
"Ello Mr. Epstein!" I said.
I started shifting though all the boxes of new records. I picked out an Elvis one,and a few Buddy Holly.

All of a sudden some bloody idiot ran into me, causing me to drop my records. "Watch it ye bloody arse!"I yelled. At the corner of my eye, I could see Mr. Epstein shaking his head at my foul mouth.

"Oops sorry love". The handsome young man said.
"What do you think your doing?."I said.
Ignoring my rudeness, he picked up my records and examined them, luckily they weren't broken.
"You've got some pretty good taste in music there love". He said handing me back my records.
"Thanks. Are ye a fan of Elvis too?"I asked.
"Oh hell yeah. I've almost been kicked out of school for trying to look like him. See these sideburns?"He said. Trying to show off.

"Haha yeah that's really gear! So your really into music then?" I said, really getting into the topic. Music puts me in a wayyy better mood.
"Yup." He said.
"Me too! I play my guitar trying to write songs all the time!" I shriek. Well, that was embarrassing. What are you thinking in there Lil?

"That's great,we should play and write together sometime.I've got a band you should come watch us."He said putting his hands in his pockets. And winking.

"Wow that's so neat!"I said excitedly.
"I've always wanted to go out to the Cavern Club and watch the bands there but I haven't had time." I said.

"Well you should make time and come watch us! We're playing tonight actually." He said.

"Then I'm coming! What's the name of your band?" I asked eagerly almost
kicking my shoes across the store.

"The The Beatles."He said walking me to the checkout counter.

"I'll so be there!" I squealed. I was acting like a 6 yr old. I am a child..

"Because of knocking her over over there I'm gonna pay for this pretty girls' records." He said giving me a real cheeky/cute smile, and handing the money to Mr. Epstein.
"No no you don't have to pay, it was an honest mistake." I said persuading him not to pay. But eventually he ended up paying for them.
"You have a good time listening to these ones Lil." He said gesturing to the albums.
"And make sure you keep Lennon over here out of trouble." He smirked. I smiled.
"And best wishes to your family. Hope your dad gets better." He says, knowing it makes me uncomfortable.

The boy just looked at me, I glanced back, shrugged and smiled. He got the picture that I didn't want to talk about it. I like him already. Doesn't pry into everyone's business.

"What's yer name again?" I asked.

"John. John Lennon." He said with the same silly face he'd had on earlier.

"I'm Lil!" I said.

"Can I get your number?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I said.
I wrote down my number and gave it to him.

"Thanks I'll phone ya later and tell you what time to be at the club tonight." John said winking at me.

"Bye!" I yelled down the street.

He looked back at me, winked, and kept going. Which made me blush. Then I rode away on my bike.
/////

Bit of a longer chapter, and wasn't the best either. Stay tuned for the next one.😂❤️-M