one

December 2, 2016, 9 a.m.

  "Dad, I told you! I don't need a babysitter looking after me 25/8!"

  "Yoongi is only here to make sure you're safe, Honey."

  "This isn't fair! Why doesn't Jimin need someone following him around?!"

  "Woah, woah, don't drag me into this!"

  At the voice of my brother, I snap my head towards the stairway. The blonde-haired boy strolls down the steps calmly, hands in his pockets as he saunters into the room. With a slight smile on his face, he greets our father 'good morning' before heading towards the coat rack by the doorway.

  "Jimin, help me!" I whine, bolting in front of him before he can leave the house.

  "This is none of my-"

  "Please," I beg. Just the thought of a guy following me everywhere I go gives me the jitters, and I'm sure Jimin can see that.

  "Geez," my brother sighs. I instinctively hook an arm through his as he turns to face Dad. "Father," Jimin switches his persuasive mode on, "I'm sure Jiyoung can take care of-"

  However, before Jimin can finish his sentence, Dad holds his right hand up, cutting him off mid-sentence. "Save it, Jimin," he pauses to light his cigar, "Your sister just turned eighteen, and it's not like you don't know how many enemies I've made over the past years. I don't want her getting hurt, and I'm sure you don't either."

  "But Dad," I object, letting go of Jimin's arm and stepping forward, "if you wanted to protect me, you would have given me a bodyguard a long time ago. Why now-"

  "Because Yoongi here needs a job," my father shrugs, gesturing towards the mint-haired stranger standing beside him.

  Besides having an expressionless face that screams 'danger', there's really nothing about this small-eyed, poker-faced weirdo that resembles a three-time wrestling champion, as he claims to be.

  I'm pretty sure having skin that's white as snow won't win you a boxing trophy.

  "Father" Jimin tries to stand up for me, but is interrupted yet again.

  "Now Jimin, if you persist, I can always get Jungkook to follow you around before and after work as well," Dad states flatly, raising an eyebrow in challenge.

  "What?!" Jimin immediately protests, but closes his mouth again as he contemplates the idea. "Actually," a grin spreads across his face as his gaze shifts to the raven-haired boy standing at the side of the room, "that might not be so bad."

  I roll my eyes. "Jimin!"

  Jimin shrugs. "Sorry, sis."

  "Just - there's no more room for discussion," Dad sighs exasperatedly, apparently not expecting Jimin to go with it.

  Jungkook, on the other hand, looks extremely shook. He looks to my father, and then to Jimin, before his gaze finally lands on me, his eyes as round as meatballs.

  Oh gosh I'm hungry.

  "No, Jungkook," I exhale in defeat, "You don't have to follow Jimin around. He's just joking."

  "I am?" Jimin widens his eyes, more serious than ever.

  "You - why do I even bother," I mutter, before spinning on my heels. "I'm off to the kindergarten now!" I yell without turning back.

  "Have a nice day, Miss," the maids greet, pushing open the front doors and bowing at me as I walk past them.

  A figure clad in black rushes in front of me as I near the front gates, and I look up to see the mint-haired boy stationing himself by the exit and holding the door open for me to walk through.