seventeen

dammit i typed the chapter title and for a while i was confused of whether i'm writing a svt ff or a bts ff HAHA

also, this chapter is pretty much gonna be fluff all the way :"3

+

December 27, 2016, 9 a.m.

The burial ritual came one day after the funeral, on December 26. As if knowing that it was a sad event for all of us, the sky decided to rain tears of grief that pelted onto our umbrellas and dampened our black clothes.

Dad's grave was placed beside Mom's, by request of Jimin and I. At least we'll know that both our parents have rested in peace if they're together.

That day was full of tears and well wishes, flowers and prayers, good friends and ex enemies. By the end of the ritual, my eyes were already bloodshot and swollen from all the crying, and Jimin's arms were probably already going to break from hugging me all day. 

That night, Jimin permanently dismissed Yoongi, Jungkook and Seokjin from their duties, because we no longer have money to pay them. They thanked us for taking care of them till then, especially Jungkook and Seokjin, who practically grew up with me and Jimin. It only added on to the sorrow of the event, saying goodbye to three of the people I love the most.

Jungkook and Seokjin told us they'd be returning to their hometowns; however, Yoongi offered to stay and continue protecting us free of charge.

Somehow, it relieved me knowing he would always be somewhere nearby.

The next day, I get back up onto my feet, ever ready to face the world. I properly wash up for the first time in days, deciding to put on one of the outfits Taehyung got for me when we went shopping the other day. I even pile my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head.

If it weren't for my swollen eyes, probably no one would be able to tell that Park Jiyoung has been grieving for the past week.

"I like your pants," Taehyung comments as he watches Jimin stroll out of the bathroom in a suit and jeans, preparing for work as usual.

"Thanks," Jimin says with a polite smile as he fixes his collar. "They were 50% off."

"I'd like them better if they were 100% off," Taehyung winks while sipping his hot chocolate.

"Well, you can't just give everything away for free," Jimin frowns, rolling up his sleeves.

"I mean-"

"That's a terrible way to run a business, Taehyung," he concludes, before bidding us goodbye.

The minute my brother is out of the house, I burst out laughing at both Taehyung's astounded reaction and the shitty chick flick that's airing on TV.

"I could never seem to get the girls, so this time I tried getting guys instead," my brown-haired landlord sighs, plopping down onto the couch beside me, hot chocolate long forgotten on the dining table. "Why does nobody love me?" he pouts.

"I'm sure your mother loves you," I reason, not really paying him any attention.

At that, Taehyung makes a sound that's in between a laugh and a cry. "She used to hit me when I was younger," he sticks out his bottom lip, and I laugh at his baby-like expression.

Just as I start to console him, Yoongi appears from the bedroom, his attire unusually plain - just a black tee and jeans. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing him in his bodyguard suit.

"Wanna go grab some breakfast?" he asks me, already opening the door as if expecting my reaction.

"Sure!" Taehyung and I say at the same time, both starting to get up from the couch.