ten

so i'm fourteen now and i have guy juniors who are hot shit omg why can't the guys in my batch be like them fml

+

December 20, 2016, 1 a.m.

  By the time I reach home, it's already way past midnight. After paying the taxi driver with the twenty-thousand-won note that Taehyung gave me, I jump out of the vehicle and start to stroll towards the front porch.

  Surprisingly, the lights are still on, and the first person I see when I enter the building is my brother, pacing back and forth across the living room with a panicked expression on his face.

  My father lounges on a couch not far away, with Jungkook and Seokjin at his sides.

  At my entrance, all heads snap towards me, and it takes them some time to register that their beloved daughter/sister is back.

  "I'm... home?" I say to break the silence, before flashing an awkward smile at them.

  At that, they finally react, their worried expressions replaced with warm smiles as they start to hurry towards me, engulfing me into their ever-so-muscular arms.

  Dad orders for a few servants to treat my wounds, and while I'm being attended to in the kitchen, they sit at the side, attentively listening to my story.

  I deliberately leave out the part about Yoongi getting shot, saying that he had stuff to get done, which is why I came back home alone.

  If Dad ever doubts Yoongi's ability to protect me, my bodyguard will most likely lose his job.

  Surprisingly, I find myself dreading the idea of not being able to annoy the shit out of him every day.

  "Jung Minho will pay for this," Dad clenches his fists after I finish my tale. 

  "He had nothing to do with this, Dad," I try to calm him down. 

  Don't get me wrong, I hate that man's entire existence, but the last thing I want is for my Dad to go around killing people in blind rage. The ones he should be after are Hoseok and Namjoon.

  I head upstairs for a nice, warm bath after our happy reunion. Once I'm nice-smelling again, Jimin suddenly appears, offering to tuck me into bed. I nod, appearing indifferent to the request, but inside, I'm really happy. 

  It's been too long since he last performed his duties as an older brother.

  The next day is Tuesday, a work day. Wanting nothing more than a good day's rest, I decide to call in sick. After all, I've worked hard enough. I deserve this. 

  Outside, snow has begun to fall, an element that was missing throughout the first half of winter. Despite the low temperatures, the sun still shines bright as ever, filtering through my windows and painting vivid shadows on the wooden floor. 

  I head downstairs after washing up, clad in a cozy white sweater and denim shorts. As I walk, my gaze falls onto a mint-colored head at the bottom of the steps, and I squeal when I recognize the familiar figure.

  "You're okay!!" I exclaim in surprised delight, rushing down the stairs to meet my bodyguard. 

  At my exclamation, Yoongi looks up. A small smile forms on his face when our eyes lock, and I beam brightly back at him.