thirteen

this is an embarrassment lmao i had to reread my own book cause i completely forgot what i wrote about :p

+

December 23, 2016, 12 p.m.

It's amazing how Dad could convert one of his old drug dens into a decent-looking restaurant in less than a day.

Though the tables obviously haven't been cleaned in at least ten years, I'm sure that with hard work, we can get this restaurant up and ready in no time.

Since Dad planned for the opening ceremony to be tomorrow, on Christmas Eve, we would have to tie everything up by today.

With Seokjin and Jungkook setting up the tables, chairs, and dishes, and with Yoongi showing the new staff members (all of whom Dad managed to hire in just an hour), I'm confident that the banquet tomorrow will be a success.

"Just a little more to the right," I instruct Jimin as he's hanging up a painting on the wall behind the cashier's counter.

Dad claims it's a famous painting, though Yoongi claims the portrait was probably drawn by a three-year-old kid.

Jungkook comments that the painting would look a thousand times better with him in it. Jimin agrees.

And to that, Seokjin gags.

We're wrapping up the last of the decorations, when a large group of ten or more people suddenly barge into the restaurant.

The doors fly open with a distinct bang, and all six of us snap our heads towards the intruders.

In front of the large group of people is Jung Minho, obviously their leader. Flanked by Hoseok and Namjoon, the men start seating themselves around the restaurant. They're obviously here to cause trouble.

"We're not open for business yet," I scowl, and the bodyguards move to stand in front of Dad, Jimin and I, their bodies all tense and ready to attack.

However, Dad holds them back. With a large smile plastered on his face, he strides up to Jung Minho's table, his tone respectful as he asks, "It's such an honor to have you as our first customer, Minho-hyung! I'll get you some of our signature dishes right away!" With that, Dad heads off into the kitchen, signalling for us to serve our new customers.

As soon as he's gone, Hoseok picks up the teacup on the table in front of him, turning it around in his hands as he scrutinizes it carefully. "This cup is so dirty," he clucks his tongue, "it makes me sick to the stomach." He releases his hand with a smirk, allowing the cup to fall onto the ground.

It erupts into a million glass crystals as it clashes onto the marble floor, and I jump at the loud clang that comes with it.

"The bowl too," Namjoon chirps in, grabbing a bowl from the table and hurling it onto the ground.

I clench my teeth, anger coursing through my veins. Putting on a polite smile, I stride up to the table, fingers curled into fists by my side. "Hoseok-ssi, our dishes are all brand-new. If they haven't been used, how can they be dirty?"

Jung Minho inhales slowly at my words. "Are you calling my son a troublemaker?" he purrs slowly.

"No, I just think he may need to see an optician for his eyes," I beam widely. "If that doesn't work, I suggest a mental therapist."

The men at the table tense up at my words, their chairs dragging loudly against the floor as they rise to their feet, preparing to beat me up for what I just said.

However, I stand unfazed, knowing Jung Minho won't allow them to do anything in broad daylight.

"Miss," Yoongi grabs my arm, forcing me to make eye contact with him. He gives me a warning look, signalling for me to shut up and not make the situation worse. After a few moments of intense staring, I finally relent, stepping aside for him to handle Jung Minho and his men. Turning to one of the cleaners standing by the kitchen doorway, Yoongi orders, "Clean that up."