nineteen

calm before the storm that's probably not gonna be much of a storm pt.1

+

December 29, 2016, 12.30 a.m.

I replay 'Frozen' for the millionth time that night, simply because it's the only thing that's keeping me awake right now.

I glance at my watch for the gazillionth time since the clock struck midnight. It's already half past twelve and Yoongi's still not home.

"Could something have happened to him?" I mutter to myself. Meanwhile, Taehyung snores away in the bedroom, already in deep slumber.

Just as Anna starts singing 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman', the doorbell sounds, and I jump from my seat, immediately rushing to the front door.

I fling the door open at once, but the sight before my eyes is not even close to what I expected to see.

I expected to see Yoongi standing at the doorway in his white shirt and green hair soaked in snow, grinning widely as he announces that he's home.

Instead, I see a life-sized standee of Byun Baekhyun standing right in front of me, smiling so innocently that he probably doesn't even know how many deaths he's caused because of that one lip bite.

My hands fly to my mouth to muffle my squeal of delight.

"Like it?" I hear Yoongi ask, and less than a second later, he's peeking out from behind the piece of cardboard.

However, the smile disappears from my face when I see his bleeding nose and swollen eyes, and the excited squeals turn to gasps of horror when I realize how badly he's been beaten up.

"What happened?!" I exclaim, grabbing the standee and placing it by the door inside the apartment so I can get a better view of Yoongi.

His white shirt is dotted with blood stains, and through the translucent fabric, I catch a glimpse of his bruised abs. He walks with a limp as he enters the apartment, and it occurs to me that I've never seen Yoongi in this state before.

I shut the door behind me as he settles onto the couch, immediately rushing to the bathroom and emerging with a first-aid kit.

"You're like my mom," he comments with a small smile as I grab a bottle of medicated oil from the kit, gesturing for him to remove his shirt.

"Would you rather I leave you to die?" I snap, pouring a generous amount of the substance onto my palm and lathering it over the bruised areas on his abs. "And you still haven't told me what happened."

"I... fell down the stairs...?" Yoongi hesitates.

I roll my eyes. "Liar."

"It's true!" Yoongi exclaims. "I was looking at this really sexy girl while walking down the stairs and then I accidentally tripped."

"There's a shoe print on your shirt," I point out, nodding at his shirt while rubbing the oil over his torso area at the same time.

"Uh... she kinda stepped on me for ogling at her boobs?"

"It's obviously a man's boot."

"She was wearing her boyfriend's shoes!"

"And yet you still had the mood to go get me a Baekhyun standee?"

"Oh speaking of which, happy birthday!" he attempts to change the subject.

I roll my eyes, shaking my head in exasperation as I place the medicated oil back into the kit, retrieving a tube of antiseptic lotion instead.