Chapter 24: Tipsy

It was still the depths of winter, and although everyone wanted to go home, they couldn't. Aurora wasn't going to make it in the cold if they went out.

Aaron didn't need his cane anymore, and Aphmau had finally gotten strong enough to walk out the door and look at her old home.

So Aphmau decided to show him around, it was a huge bunker, underground and fortified.

The first place they stopped was the armory.

"Ahhh~" He drooled at the amount of weaponry they had, and all of it untouched.

Aphmau had to drag him away, she was laughing though, and didn't care.

They had left Aurora with Zianna, as they were a bit tired of staying inside their room.

They generated a lot of stares as they went by, actually, Aaron generated a lot of stares as he went by. He was quite a bit taller than the rest of the dwellers. Not to mention his accent put them off.

"Why are they staring at me?" He asked Aphmau, leaning down to her ear.

"Because you're with me!" And she started running to a dark room, pulling him by the hand.

When they entered, he realized it was a bar, with shelves full of bourbon and whiskey and vodka.

"Uh, I don't drink." He said to her, a little surprised that she would want to come in here.

"Duh, that's not what we are here for." She looked at him with a smirk.

A robot came behind him, it had three eyes and flew about the place.

It was a Mr. Handy. He had thought that they had all been broken down.

"Hello sir, Can I offer you a cup of our famous coffee?" The robot said in a heavy english accent.

"Uh... yeah sure." He wasn't actually sure what coffee was, he had been raised to find food and drink by himself.

"I'll be right back with your coffee then." And the robot left.

"Uh, Hey Aph, what's coffee?" He asked her, his face heating up when she gave him a look of disbelief.

"You've never had coffee?!"

"No... I never found it." He scratched the back of his head. And the robot came back.

"Here is your coffee sir, on the house!"

The robot handed him the coffee and left to tend to the bar.

Aaron shrugged and took a drink.

And immediately gagged.

It was really bitter, but he did get a nice buzz when he drank it.

He looked at the black liquid and then chugged it. His brain feeling really fuzzy.

"Aph...?" She was laughing at him while taking sips of her own coffee. Not chugging it.

"Feel better?" She asked, still giggling.

"Loads..." He blinked, he felt like he could run a marathon, he hadn't had this much energy in a long time.