⇢ 17 ; improvements

"Champ, huh?" Noah said. "Nice."

"Yeah, it was an interesting show, on an interesting horse, with some interesting people," I said as we headed up to my dorm. Noah carried my show helmet, riding clothes, boots, etc., while I carried my ribbons and prizes.

"Guess you'll be riding Apollo for a while," Noah said.

"Yep, and it sucks," I said. "Mason's pissed over it. And he's my teacher!"

"Hey, you'll be fine," he said. We entered my room and he threw my laundry in a basket as I hung my ribbons up on my window. "Why don't you take a shower. I'll have some dinner out here waiting for you."

"Ugh, you're the best boyfriend ever," I said, kissing him before grabbing some clothes and heading to the bathroom. The whole shower I kept thinking about he said he loved me. At this point, I was fully convinced. Fully convinced he loved me, fully convinced I loved him.

I changed into some old yoga pants and a t-shirt, and when I left the bathroom, Bridget and Noah were sitting on the floor talking, with some Chinese food in between them. 

"You guys are the best," I said, tossing my clothes in my basket before taking a seat next to them. I grabbed a carton and some chopsticks and started eating.

"Rough show?" Bridge asked.

"Interesting show," I confirmed. "Speaking of which, the new teams are posted in the barn at six and I want to see Hope before then."

"We can head over after we eat," Noah said.

"I'm meeting up with Ethan," Bridget said. "But good luck!"

We finished eating, making small conversation, then Noah helped me start a load of laundry in the laundry room before heading to the barn. When I got there, Hope neighed and I headed over to her. I pulled some treats out of my tack trunk and fed them to her. Her foot was pretty swollen, so I pulled her out and hosed it off once more.

After I put her back in her stall, Cami walks in with a piece of paper. She tacks it to the wall, and Abby, who I hadn't seen before, and I both rush to it.

"I did it!" I exclaimed to Noah, pointing to me name on the highest level. "I moved up!"

"Congrats, Kat," Abby smiled. "You deserve it."

"I'm so sorry, Abby," I frowned, my face dropping.

"No, no, it's fine," she said. "I didn't push Mojo or myself nearly as hard as I should have. You really do deserve it."

"Thanks, Abs," I said, giving her a hug. "We'll still see each other, I swear."

"I know," she said. "I don't give up best friends that easily."

I gave her one more hug before I saw Mason walk in.

"Mason," I called to him, rushing over. "I wanted to thank you for letting me use Apollo today. He did really well, and I know you really didn't want me riding him, but he saved my butt a few times and I don't know what I would've done without him."

"I actually wanted to come and let you know that I want you to ride Apollo until Hope gets better," he said. "You don't have another horse you can ride, and I haven't been riding him, so just go ahead and use him."

"Really?" I asked. "Thank you so much."

Just then, Cami walked in. "I have to go," Mason said. "But take care of him, yeah?"

"Of course," I said, and Noah and I started back towards the dorms. We walked slowly, hand in hand, until we got back to the dorm.

"You should get some sleep," he said as he walked me to my room. "You've had a long day."

"Okay," I yawned. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I started closing the door, but I stopped. "I love you," I said.

He stopped and turned back to me, a smile on his face. "I love you too," he kissed me. Within moments he was gone, and I fell onto my bed and instantly fell asleep. 

this is such a short chapter i'm so sorry! I ran out of inspiration!!