James Potter-Love Potions

The most craziest place in Hogwarts by far has to be the Great Hall, you can barely do anything and keep track of it. Much less speak to someone and hear their reply. So when my friend sprouted out the most unexplainable sentence I've ever heard, I was certain I'd heard it wrong.

"You WHAT?" I yelled incredulously over the chatter around us.

Cowering, Amelia spoke loudly enough for me to hear, albeit quite reticently all the same. "I might've spiked Potter's drink to, make him like you, with a love potion, y'know."

"Of course I know what a love potion is Amelia." I snapped, frustrated by her incomprehensible actions. "I'm just wondering why you would do it to that prat."

"It's for your sake ok?" Amelia explained.

"Why would I want Potter to like me?" I asked exasperatedly.

"You know you love him right?" Amelia said smirking. "You just never had the wits to ask him. So I just gave him a push."

I blushed profusely before retorting, "It doesn't matter, it's wrong to potion someone. And it's not that I don't have the wits to do it, it's because I know I'd get denied, he already likes Evans."

"But you agree that you like Potter?" Amelia prodded.

"No, I think it's a load of rubbish anyways, just my wishful thinking." I responded, covering my head and slumping on the table.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Amelia shaking her head, her lips forming the words denial. When I saw that, I groaned and faced down on the table.

"Look, I don't even know if it worked or not ok? The potion I used might be complete rubbish-" Amelia started but was interrupted by an unexpected visitor.

"Bones! What did you do?" Black roared. He was staring at Amelia with a hint of amusement.

"Nothing." Amelia said innocently. I glanced between Black and Amelia in confusion.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" I demanded, peering at my fellow Hufflepuff and the Gryffindor. They've never talked at all and here they were acting like best mates. "If I remember correctly, neither of you ever have even spoken to each other, why start now?"

"Well because we're playing matchmaker." Amelia stated in a teasing tone.

I gazed at Black and he nodded in confirmation. "James has been after Evans for almost all of his Hogwarts years, and Evans is already dating someone who likes her back."

"Hold up, who's she dating, how come Potter doesn't know that, and how do you know?" I queried suspiciously.

"She's dating Snivellus, it's secret and they don't want an outrage for the obvious reason of Gryffindors hate Slytherins so James doesn't know, and I have my ways of figuring things out." Black answered patiently.

"So all you nutters are doing is just giving Potter a 'push', which is actually a love potion? And I'm the victim." Both of them nodded their heads.

"Great, just bloody great." I muttered dryly. "What are you pricks gonna do once your supply of potions are gone?"

"We're hoping that Potter will develop feelings for you through the potions." Amelia said confidently. "Also, Remus and Peter are in on this."

Before she could continue explaining the details to me, Black got called back to the Gryffindor table by Lupin. I took this opportunity to bump my head onto the table at how impossible and luck-based Black and Amelia's plans were.

"I thought you'd like this plan. You'd get Potter and save him from some terrible heartbreak. I mean, having Evans, his crush for years, being taken by him from his arch nemesis would've felt horrible." Amelia gazed into my eyes curiously and I raised my head to look at her.